25. Love, Affection, Try

1039 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written June 26 2020
Posted August 6 2020

Azure softened as Shinichi pulled the sleeping magician against him. It almost hadn't been all that surprising when Kaito had started to nod off during the movie they'd decided to put up. While Kaito may not have been physically exhausted, the sleuth figured that he was mentally exhausted at the very least. Saguru had left shortly after the movie had finished, leaving the new couple alone together. Though not before offering to store the leftovers since Kaito had fallen asleep against the sleuth.

After a few moments of contemplation, Shinichi decided that even though the couch was comfy, they really shouldn't spend the whole night on it. Careful not to arouse the other from his sleep, Shinichi shifted his position until he had Kaito properly in his lap before gently lifting him. The magician unconsciously wrapped his arms around Shinichi's neck, making the sleuth smile.

While Kaito wasn't the heaviest person in the world, it still didn't male it all that easy to carry him up the stairs. Fortunately, the sleuth had somehow managed to do so without waking the other. Shinichi paused at one of the guest rooms, or Kaito's unofficial room, before carrying on towards his own room with Kaito. After today, he really just wanted to be near the other.

Kaito didn't release him when he tried to lower the younger down onto the bed, forcing Shinichi to awkwardly slip in beside him. It'd been a bad angle, but he'd managed. After Shinichi pulled up the blankets to cover them, Kaito curled even closer to him.

Azure gazed lovingly at the other's sleeping face before resting his gaze on where he knew that Kaito's stomach was beneath the sheets. He almost couldn't believe that the magician was with child, he resisted the urge to pull Kaito closer to him, to keep him safe even though he knew that there wasn't any danger nearby. Azure burned, he really wanted the baby, but not if it made his love miserable.

When Kaito awoke, it was to warmth and the feeling of being safe. Indigos fluttered open, staying half lidded as he groggily admired Shinichi's sleeping face. The sleuth looked so relaxed, free from the strain of murder cases. He almost wished that the other was always like this, but then so many murderers would run free if he stopped.

As he started the process of waking up, yesterday's events came trickling back to him. Breath hitching, he moved a hand over to touch his own stomach, he didn't feel anything off. Kaito bit his lip, ears flattening against his head, but he would if he kept it.

Teary indigos turned towards the sleuth's unconscious face, he was so freaking scared. Blood hit his taste buds as his teeth punctured the right side of his lip, startling him enough to stop the abuse on said lip. He'd forgotten that his teeth were sharper. Kaito blinked a few tears out of his eyes, he was scared, but weren't most people scared when they're in his position? It was so  unexpected, and the information had basically sucker punched him without warning.

He sniffed, remembering the hope that had flashed in the other's gaze the previous night, Shinichi wanted him to have the baby. The sleuth would probably never say so, especially since he'd quickly hidden the hope, but he knew what he'd seen. Kaito buried his face in the other's neck, inhaling the coffee scent that never seemed to leave the other due to his ridiculous addiction, allowing it to help calm his nerves.

He'd try, for Shinichi, he'd do his best to stop freaking out about the fact that there was literally a child growing inside of him. Shinichi was the person that he loved the most, their finances were great, and he also liked children, so there was logically no reason why he shouldn't have the baby. He was once Kaitou Kid, he was great at adapting to the unexpected. He could, and would do this.

Sometime later, the sleuth began to stir, making a soft smile tug at Kaito's lips "You seem like you slept well" He breathed.

Azure fluttered open, immediately softening when he noted how red the other's eyes were "How do you feel?" He inquired softly, finding Kaito's hand and giving it a small squeeze, opting not to comment on the traces of dried blood around the other's mouth.

Kaito squeezed back "I feel better than yesterday" His tone became a bit strained "But I still don't feel great" It'd take a bit until he could truly accept his state.

Shinichi's brows knit together with concern "I'm going to take today off to spend it with you" He didn't want the other to be left alone to stew in his thoughts.

The magician frowned "I'm not sick Shinichi" His boyfriend's work was important since he'd solved the most crimes.

"I know" Shinichi admitted, voice soft "But if I were in your position, I would be terrified and panicking" Possibly even more so than Kaito would since working for the police was an incredibly risky job, especially since murders often happened around him. He met Kaito's gaze "I love you so I want to help you"

Kaito averted his gaze away, cheeks warming at the other's words, they made him feel really happy "I love you too" He breathed "But you do a lot of good each day you work with the police" He was silent for a few moments "Maybe I could follow around like before?" As a wolf, he wouldn't be forced to have conversations, and he'd be in the sleuth's sight still.

"I guess that could work" He was pretty sure that Akako would have warned them if shifting was dangerous for the baby. Shinichi frowned "Just don't force yourself okay?" Azure softened "If you decide that you want to hide away that's fine" Kaito occasionally hid away when stressed in order to sort things out for himself.

He could do that "Okay" Kaito agreed before stifling a small yawn "I know my limits" He paused for a moment, seeming a bit unsure before continuing "And" He licked his lips "I won't risk losing the baby so soon" He wasn't promising to keep it, but he needed enough time first to sort his thoughts before he knew for sure.

Me: I was so sleepy while writing this, but I managed

Hope you enjoyed~

I have obtained a magical food...

Blueberry Cheerios o.o

I adore all Cheerios except peanut butter and multi-grain >^< and blueberries are my fav berry~

They're good, just as tasty as the berry flavoured Cheerios ^-^ ... wish the taste was stronger though