32. Sweet, Magic

1009 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written September 10 2020
Posted October 8 2020

A great day it is ^-^

Shinichi would really do that for him? A warm fluttery feeling made its presence known in the magician's chest "You'd really do that for me?" To ignore a murder, was just something that he hadn't actually expected the other to agree to. It was just, not something that Shinichi would do, until now it seems.

"Yes" The sleuth breathed, meeting Kaito's gaze "I'll probably mess up a bit at the start, but by the time any infant is old enough to start remembering things, it should be good" Shinichi knew that he wasn't perfect, old habits could be hard to break. But he'd do his best to break them anyways.

Indigos softened "Okay" His words were soft. If Shinichi was willing to go that far, maybe having the baby wouldn't be so bad? While he was no longer freaked out, the concept still felt weird to him. But he was a very adaptable person, or at least he liked to think so. He also thought that children were cute, he liked them a lot, and so did Shinichi. The sleuth was surprisingly great with kids "Thank you" Kaito offered the other a soft smile, knowing that he wouldn't be alone if he did decide to keep it since he'd have the other by his side.

"I love you" Shinichi breathed, wrapping his arms against Kaito when the other curled up closer against him. Sleep came with ease.

The rest of the week was spent normally, cases popping up left and right, some of which Kaito had accompanied Shinichi on in his wolf form. The test results for the DNA traces had also come in, unfortunately turning up nothing in the system. It was highly unfortunate, but at least they had samples for comparison for when they obtained some suspects. One bright side to the situation was that there hadn't been any more kills matching the other's.

The sleuth had actually been tempted to ask the FBI to run the samples through their own systems since the victims didn't seem to be local. But he'd eventually decided against that for now since he didn't want to contact them too often. He'd save contacting them for when it was really serious. He was really hoping that it wouldn't reach that point.

Kaito was grinning, enjoying how happy he'd made the crowd surrounding him with his impromptu magic show. He'd started it since a little boy had been crying due to a scraped knee. After easily patching the kid up, he'd done some small tricks to distract him from his small injury. Said tricks had drawn in some more kids so he'd ended up doing more and more until there was a fair amount of both children and adults watching him do magic.

It was exhilarating to just do magic in front of a crowd, no prep or formalities. There was just something different whenever he did this outside of a scheduled venue, maybe it was because he had more control? He wasn't sure. Kaito just knew that he enjoyed using his magic to brighten other people's day. So what if he was now an hour late with his normal meet up with Shinichi? It wasn't technically a proper get together. He just usually met up with Shinichi and walked him home on the days that he didn't accompany him since he had way too much spare time.

The sleuth would probably check his position on the GPS before heading back on his own when he realized that he was at the park. While most people don't require tracking devices to be involved in their relationship, it was better safe than sorry when Shinichi came into the picture. It was just less stressful as a whole to not immediately wonder if someone had died or not.

People came and went, but eventually as it began to approach dinner time, the crowd dwindled to nothing. Which was fine since he'd actually been running dangerously low on a lot of his supplies. So he packed up what little he'd brought and left out before heading back to Shinichi's house.

"You seem to be in a good mood" Shinichi observed as Kaito entered the library. He'd been going over some case files.

Indigos gleamed "I was performing a magic show" He plopped down right beside the other "I can't believe how many people actually stayed" He hadn't had most of his supplies so it hadn't been as eye catching as his shows usually were.

Shinichi snorted "Of course they stayed you idiot" He flicked Kaito's forehead "You're a fantastic magician" While Kaito had refrained from going global, he was still well known enough to have a steady income. His reasons for not going global were that he wanted to be around more and didn't feel comfortable to fully follow his father's footsteps. Acting as Kaitou Kid to take down skilled killers had been enough for him.

"I know" Kaito shuffled a bit away from the sleuth, sticking out his tongue "But scheduled magic shows are different from impromptu ones. The scheduled ones have people expecting and already wanting to see magic" People were often too busy to stop and watch if they hadn't planned to do so in the first place.

"You're lucky that it was mostly cloudy today, you would have turned a bit pink from being outside all day" While Kaito didn't really burn often, he wasn't one of those people who could get away from being outside in the sun all day without some consequences from not using sunscreen.

Kaito shrugged "It would have been worth it to see their smiles" Being slightly pink for a few hours wasn't much anyways.

"Of course" Shinichi smirked, tucking away his case files "So what do you want to eat? Maybe we could order some Chinese food?"

The magician blinked "You do know that you currently have a fully stocked kitchen right?" They had been eating out quite often. At the sleuth's grimace Kaito rolled his eyes "I'll make us some food" He wasn't going to let the other accidentally kill him via food poisoning. That would be pathetic.

Me: This was interesting to write~ Shinichi likes takeout due to his bad cooking~

Hope you enjoyed~

I finally found books that haven't been in stock for years •~•

The Owls of Ga'Hoole~ yes it's above my reading level, but I fell in love with the first few books when I was in grade 6... I need to know how it ends XP

Like with my warrior cat books... •^• my summer camp leaders took those books away when I tried to read them in the library (They didn't believe someone in grade 1 could read chapter books) Jerks >^>

Took me until grade 5/6 until I found them again... remembered book cover but not title, internet wasn't that common before then for me •~•

I just visioned a book with an orange cat with a blue collar for years...

That series makes me feel the feels >~< tears eyed sometimes