64. Chapter 64

1020 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written July 1 2021
Posted July 22 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on August 5 2021

The sleuth smiled, azure soft as he watched Kaito's sleeping form. The magician had fallen asleep as a wolf shortly after being washed. Shinichi briefly wondered if they should invest in planting random patches of long grass all around the property since the other seemed to be very fond of resting in them.

"He also didn't eat as much as he should have today" Saguru piped in, looking apologetic "We were both too distracted in getting the job done" It was hard to keep track of the magician's eating needs sometimes, mainly because Kaito was usually meeting them without any prompting.

Shinichi grimaced "I had him drink one of Haibara's disgusting calorie shakes since I figured that would happen" He ran a few fingers through Kaito's newly cleaned fur "His undercoat is getting thicker" It was one of the few reasons why he was okay with Kaito sleeping outside in December, the cold didn't affect Kaito as much when he was in wolf form. It hadn't snowed, but the air was chilly when one was idle.

"Oh?" Saguru eyed Kaito curiously "He's going to hate it when he has to shed it in the spring then" He could already see Kaito whining and complaining about all the fur he was shedding and the messes that he'd leave behind because of it.

The two talked for a bit and ate a simple dinner before Saguru decided that he should probably leave for Tokyo before it started to get late enough that he'd start to risk being late for work. He'd taken a few days off to help Kaito finish up the pond digging before the ground got too hard.

Shinichi ended up staying outside with Kaito for a little while after that before heading inside to warm himself up and catch up on a little bit of reading. While his day hadn't been as labour intensive as the other's, it had still been somewhat stressful. It was never pleasant to have someone drop dead in front of you, no matter how many times it's happened before. Eventually Kaito ended up dragging himself into the house and flopped down on the couch, easily snuggling up to the sleuth.

"You better not fall asleep on me Kaito" The sleuth teasingly warned "You need to eat something then stay up for a bit before eating"

"Bleh" Kaito grumbled, eyes closed as he nuzzled into the other's neck "Too tired" His body felt so sore.

Shinichi snorted "I'll make you take another one of those nasty shakes" They were currently in powder form, however warm water easily fixed that problem.

Kaito shivered, they were absolutely revolting "Fine" He drowsily pulled himself away until he was sitting next to Shinichi instead of half on top of him "What kind of leftovers are there?" He didn't have the energy to hunt, and he didn't want to cook anything.

"I made you a few sandwiches" More like 15 of them with all of them being different flavours.

"Sandwiches?" Kaito complained.

Azure gleamed "I even cut them into triangles for you, it was too late to cook something in time before Saguru had to leave" It would have been just plain rude to just send Saguru off without feeding him first. Especially with how much help the blond had been over the last few days.

Kaito's ears flattened, a little disappointed that Shinichi's words made sense "Thanks for making me sandwiches Shin-chan" He was appreciative of the effort "I'll eat them all" Now that he was thinking about it, he was feeling really hungry. He got up and headed to the kitchen to search the fridge, easily locating the plate of sandwiches. Clearing the plate was a simple task that left him still somewhat hungry. He eyed the jar of pickles in the fridge for a few moments before consuming the contents of said jar, leaving it completely empty. Kaito blinked, staring down at the empty jar in his hands, oops. At least the pickle juice took up a lot of room in his stomach.

Shinichi eyed Kaito curiously when the other returned "What did you finish off this time?" Since Kaito had returned so quickly, the other must have been hungry enough to eat very fast.

A light blush tinted Kaito's cheeks "The pickles" He paused "And the juice" The brand new pickle jar that'd just been bought. Last time he'd eaten all the apples.

The sleuth's face scrunched up a bit in disgust, there'd been no juice so he must be talking about the pickle juice "You're going to be tasting pickles for hours" It was a food that came back long after being consumed.

"I know" Kaito groaned, burying his face in his hands as he plopped himself down next to Shinichi "I should have gone after the strawberries instead"

"Please don't, I want to do something with those" Would buying a second fridge to fill up with just food for Kaito to binge eat help? It was inconvenient whenever something that he was planning on using gets eaten first. However, since it was impulsive, he doubted that a second fridge would matter.

"Oh!" Kaito perked up "For smoothies?" That's what usually happened to their fruit unless it got eaten as it was.

"I bought some plain angel food cakes and whip cream to go with the strawberries" It'd been a long time since he'd had it.

Kaito blinked "I don't think I've ever had that before" He usually went after the more chocolatey treats instead.

Shinichi smiled "It's interesting, and the strawberries go really well with it" He offered, knowing that Kaito liked strawberries, and whip cream. With their current cooking skills, making such a food would prove to be impossible, so he'd bought it instead.

"Can we eat them now?" He still had room for more.

"We'll eat them tomorrow, not tonight" Shinichi wasn't hungry enough to enjoy such a thing just yet.

The magician pouted "Fine, I'll wait" He'd enjoy it more if he ate it with Shinichi anyways.

"Good" Shinichi stifled a small yawn "I'm ready to go to bed, are you?"

Kaito rolled his eyes "Of course I am" He wasn't going to question why he wasn't being made to wait first like Shinichi had initially said.

Me: So a simple chapter~ 

Just think... Ice pops... Made with pickle juice

Comment? ^-^

Hmm cappuccino yogurt exists =~= ... Why do I see no orange yogurt?

... I want 0.0