Chapter 29

(Ahaha yeah... so follow up chapter? I feel like this was kind of needed and also it was just such a cool idea that I had to write it down. Thank you all for giving me the inspiration to write for this story again! Anyways, for the last time really, (Or maybe not hehe) Enjoy!)

"Okay, Schlatt not talking is not getting you or me, anywhere, we could compromising lessening your sentence if you speak." A man with dark blond hair said pushing his fist onto the table. He had been at this for over 3 hours today and this dumb ram-horned man was still not budging. He hated having to stoop as low as this for a case but at this point, he was willing to try anything to get this man to speak.

The effects of the drug or serum as the victims called it, had worn off severely since the incident leaving Schlatt with much smaller horns and way less prominent, but still visible ram-like features. Sam didn't know how, but some of the features that the drug brought seemed to be... permanent.  When they investigated the 'Hotel' almost every bit of evidence on how the serum was created was destroyed or stolen and probably being sold on the black market for hundreds of thousands. They had a team searching for it right now and currently, they were only able to get a drop or two of the stuff.

Sam was the head detective for this case and the fact that he hasn't been able to make much progress on it was really bugging him. Normally he could get a case done pretty fast without many slumps in between. But now it's almost been two years and they haven't gained any progress since a month after the case first opened. Schlatt was sentenced to life in prison on so many counts of murder and other cruel things there were too many to count (A little ironic isn't it?). Speaking of the wretched man, he was currently smirking at Sam's anger. It was one thing for someone not to talk during an investigation, but a completely another thing to be a b*tch about it too. The blond took a deep breath in and out before deciding it was best to take a break and exit the room.

"I'm taking five," He said unlocking and walking through the heavy gray door that locked on its own when shut as a precautionary measure. Once the door had shut behind him he continued to speak, "Ponk you switch in and see if you can get anything out of him. You've always been better at persuasion anyways, he said smiling towards his husband. The two had been married for over 3 years after Sam proposed. Ponk nodded and walked through the heavy door leaving Sam alone. Sam, thinking it was best to get a coffee and walk up to his brain a little more walked to the main part of the building when he started to hear shouts and many voices overlapping each other. 

"...what the f*ck..?" Sam spoke softly under his breath. He walked towards the entrance of the building stopping a crowd of people. One turned and looked at him for a second before their eyes widened.

"Sam, you're working on the Schlatt case right?" The man spoke quickly trying to get straight to the point.

"Yeah Punz, I'm working on the case," Sam said towards the lighter blond with a slight grimace because of the progress he was having with it.

"Then I think, you'll want to see this," Punz said grabbing something from the middle of the crowd with gloved hands then handing it to him. Sam quickly put on a pair of gloves from a table next to him and grabbed the file. "It just showed up at the door. Someone checked with security and they said they didn't see a thing. One second nothing was there and the next... this."

Sam's eyes scanned the file he was given which held every ingredient, no, practically instructions on how to make the red animal drug. His eyes flickered all over the multiple pages and it made sense. It seemed way too professional to be fake too. But the thing that really worried, and excited him was the little tube of red liquid taped carefully to one of the papers. Sam carefully removed the tape and held the vial closer to his face. It matched the description the victims gave and the little bit they already had almost perfectly. Looking down he scanned the sheets of paper one last time this time, however, noticing a little signature in the corner of a page oh-that just read, -Quack.

Sam looked up and Punz with a determined look know oh-so-well by his colleges. "Punz I need you to give this vial to Callahan and tell him to test it and see if it matches with the drugs remains we've found." He said carefully giving him the vial. Fundy," Sam said making another worker look up at his name being called. "Test to see if you can find any fingerprints on the file," Sam spoke quickly but carefully shoving the file into Fundys also gloved hands. "If there isn't any, share it with Ponk so he can use it for interrogations." Sam then walked through the crowd to the two glass doors that separated the inside from the outside. He then looked to his left and spotted Karl. He waved him over and Karl quickly put on a pair of gloves know it was time to investigate the fairly empty scene outside of these doors.

"Do you think that we got another anonymous helper or vigilante on our hands?" Karl asked walking through the doors with Sam.

"Let's hope not. The last time we had one of those, it took us eons just to understand what they were trying to say through codes." Sam slightly chuckled at past experiences. The outdoors gave a sudden refresh to Sam's mind. Guess I won't be needing that coffee anymore. Sam thought to himself. He just felt so many ups and downs in a five-minute span that it couldn't be good for his health. But out of all of the feelings, he just went through he was the most excited. Who knows, maybe this case wasn't cold after all.

From the top of a building, someone watched the scene play out he watched as two cops surveyed the area looking for anything the culprit might have left behind. He snickered slightly knowing there was nothing else that they could find. His work was almost perfect if he said so himself. However, there was something missing from the scene. Something that was going to be pretty tough for him to do. The emotional manipulation that Schlatt put him through still held onto him like a weight he could never get rid of. But who knows, maybe this action would. 

The brunette put on a glove and took a small ring out of a bag. He made sure to clean the ring excessively to eliminate any chance of them getting DNA off of it. He knew it was stupid, but he never got to properly divorce Schlatt so he thinks this will do. Tossing the ring in his hand once he chucked it at the police station before booking it out of their hopping buildings to escape. He wiped a tear trailing down his cheek away. He shouldn't be crying over someone like him.

All Quackity hopes now is that they show Schlatt the ring and he breaks down in tears. That way he can truly get his revenge.