Chapter 7

You woke up in a small white box-shaped room. It was about 7x7 feet in size and had soft-ish walls. On one of the walls was a large metal door that looked like it belonged in a prison. Standing up, you notice your head hurts a little and you feel a bit sore. You remember all the fighting pretty quickly and realize how much you've messed up. Everyone is hurt because of my decision. How can Emma or Clay trust me now?!

Thinking of the others, you notice no one else was in the room with you. It was just you alone. You paced back and forth in the room, thinking about how much of the situation you could remember and what was going on with you. What injuries do I have? Head and chest hurt, and my wrist feels sore. What can I remember happening to the others? Clay got punched in the face, um, Emma was getting pinned down. Zak was being attacked, I knocked a woman out- I knocked a woman out! You stopped moving at that. I knocked someone out! You felt a surge of pride when you remembered doing that. Then you remembered how shortly after you got knocked out yourself. With that, all of your pride went down the drain.

Looking at the door again, you think about how much strength it would take to break through it. That depends on the thickness of the door and how strong the lock on it is. Out of curiosity, you decide that you should pull on the door and feel how strong it really is. You walk up to the door and give a soft pull on it. Surprisingly it's not locked and moves a little bit when you pull on it. Looking at the door you realize how stupid you were. It was unlocked the whole time?! You smack yourself in the face and continue.

Opening it up all the way you notice a way bigger room with cement walls, and a boxing-like arena in the middle. Looking around you also see the wall to your right has a large glass window. Through it, you see the rest of your fri- the strangers and Emma. What is happening? Looking at them you can see bruises covering their bodies, that were caused by the fight. Focusing on a few you saw, Clay really clearly had a big black eye, and Emma had a big scratch on her face. Your heart sank thinking about how much you hurt them, because of your dumb decision. They would have been injured at all if I didn't make that dumb mistake.

Looking at them still, Niki notices you and starts banging on the glass. It looks like she is talking but you can't hear it. The rest of the group looks through the glass and all start to try and communicate with you. Sadly you can't hear what they're trying to say. You quickly run-up to the glass and start banging on it as well.

"Can, you hear me?" You ask hopefully. They don't respond in a yes or no manner though, but instead just kept saying things you cant hear. You took that as a no. As best as you could, you tried to tell them that you couldn't hear them. You pointed to yourself cupped your ear and made an x with your arms. After that, you think they understood what you were trying to say. Emma then put her hand up to the glass. You put your hand in the same spot her's was. She then said something very slowly so you could read her lips.

'Are you okay?' Emma asked. You nodded your head in the reassurance that you were fine. Emma had worry covering her face, but when you nodded it seemed to help.

'Are you guys okay?' You asked worried for them as well. Emma nodded her head up and down.

Then you slowly mouthed, 'What's happening?'. Emma just shrugged her shoulders at that. It seemed that neither of you knew why you were separated. You nodded one last time at her as if to say thank you, and continued to look through the glass. Emma then sat back down on the wall to the left. I think Emma still trusts me. It was a huge wave of relief to know that someone still trusts you.

Then you remembered that Clay said he trusted you. Does he still trust me? Your relief almost instantly changed to regret at the thought that you had maybe broken the trust he had just given you. Turning your head, you saw him leaning against the right wall near the glass, talking to Wilbur. You walked to that side of the glass and knocked gently. Clay paused his conversation and looked at you. Softly, you mouthed, 'I'm sorry' and waited for his response. He had a confused look and mouthed 'for what?'. You then pointed at his eye, and once again mouthed, 'I'm sorry'. Clay realizing what you meant, and shook his head a little with a smile. 'Don't be' He then put his fist against the glass and then you did the same. You both smiled and he went back to his conversation with Wilbur. That small interaction made you feel a lot better about that situation, but you still felt bad for what you did. Sighing a little, you turned around and began looking at the room again. Having nothing else to do you allowed your mind to go wild. This just let your brain just came up with more and more questions that you weren't able to answer. Why am I the only one here? Why is everyone else in that box? How long have they been there?

Finally after a minute or to the speakers turned on.

"Welcome everyone to the next test. This test will be about bravery. You will all collectively need to get a certain amount of points to win. We will not tell you that amount. In the arena one at a time, each of you will pick 1 guard to fight against. The better the guard, the more points you will get if you win. If you lose, you will get none of the points. All of you will fight one guard.." Spoke the robot-like voice.

"So, we choose our battles." You said out loud. This test was very different from the others you had so far. So it's a game of risk, and judging your skill, You thought. And I'm going first. Oh no. You quickly realized that you were going to fight someone. Someone that is skilled in fighting.

"You will win if the other person is knocked out." The voice said, most likely responding to a question that you could not hear. "Y/N you are going first. You have 7 options to pick from. Guard 1 is worth 2 points, Guard 2 is worth 4 points, Guard 3 is worth 6 points, Guard 4 is worth 8 points, Guard 5 is worth 10 points, Guard 6 is worth 15 points, and Guard 7 is worth 20 points." You needed to make a decision. One that was more carefully thought out than most would think at first.

"I-I choose guard... 5" You spoke finally after a moment of silence. You decided in your head that if everyone chooses guard 4 or above, you would win. It's most likely that they put the score as something that is high enough that everyone would need to fight someone above the halfway point. You choose guard 5 instead of 4 because of the small chance you were wrong, you wanted to get as many points as possible. You didn't choose guard 6 because you were afraid of losing to them, and not getting any points. You could beat guard 5, right?. Hopefully, you made the right choice.

After hearing your response the voice echoed through the big room again.

"Guard 5 will be here momentarily. The best of luck in this fight Y/N. As always, your fear is your greatest enemy."

Your stress slowly grew and grew as time passed. Looking towards the window again you then realized that everyone would be watching you fight. They would see if you would win or lose. You imagined how hard it must be on Emma right now to see you fight someone. If you got hurt, Emma would be witness to it. She would see you get injured and wouldn't be able to stop it. You were now looking at Emma through the glass. She looked scared for you. Everyone did. Now you knew you had to win, your life and all of their lives depended on it.