Chapter 5

(Warning swears)

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Emma asked softly. Concern laced in her voice. What's wrong?  You turn to her with a confused look when you realize that everyone is looking at you with worry in their eyes. What is happening? What did I miss?

"What do you mean?" You asked clearly not understanding what's going on.

"What do you mean what do we mean? Y/N your crying and mumbling to yourself." Clay butted in worry in his voice as well.

"I am?" You ask, still confused until you bring your hand up to your face and feel the drips of tears. What the hell? You look up again and see everyone still looking at you expectantly. Sort of mumbling over your words you speak, "O-oh, I am. Nothings wrong though, I don't know why I'm crying." That was only half true. You didn't trust any of them, that's what was wrong. You're scared around the others, but you couldn't tell them that. However, you still didn't know why you were crying. Was it the thought of losing Emma that made me so sad? That was the only thing you could think of at the moment that would make you cry. But that still didn't make sense. You weren't sad about that because you knew that you and Emma would survive, right? You felt more tears fall down your face. Why am I acting so emotional? It was like something was almost making you cry.

Niki thinking out loud spoke up to the group.

"Crying to yourself without realizing it is a way to calm yourself down, even if you aren't sad. Crying causes relief and self-soothing effects. So you could be crying because of the stress we're under." Niki says calmly. You looked a Niki with anger as if she just spilled your greatest secret. Then your face changed back to just confused. What is going on with me? Why am I so angry all of a sudden Why was everyone looking at me? What do they expect me to do?

Why is Niki calling you out in front of everyone.

"Oh. I didn't know that." You said with a straight face. All of a sudden you felt anger burning through you. You didn't know why you felt angry but you did. Then you gave a small chuckle, "But I mean, who wouldn't be under a lot of stress right now. Actually, now that I think of it, how are you guys acting so calm? We almost died and all of you have seemed to get over it pretty fast." You said almost menacingly with a small smile on your face. "How can I trust any of you right now? I can't. Not to mention how easily you were able to just pour out your strengths and weaknesses to everyone here. You realize they have cameras and microphones right? Clearly, the only person I can trust here is Emma. So thank you all for trusting me so quickly, but I don't think I can just do the same." You said with a look of anger and frustration on your face. Why were you so angry? What is happening to you? There was a moment of silence where everyone was quietly staring with a shocked look on their face. Why did I just do that?! You ask yourself, now mad at yourself for being a fool. Then it hit you. You were angry and it didn't matter why. All you wanted to do, correction, all you needed to do was punch or yell at someone to let out your anger. Then more anger spread through the group.

Zaks's face contorted with rage at your statement.

"Well, we don't know if we can trust you either! We were just worried for you and then you start being a jerk!" Zak spoke back, much louder than you did. "Darryl and I have both agree that we don't trust any of you!" Zak said pointing at the rest of the group. Darryl then turned to Zak with a look of confusion on his face that practically said that he never agreed to that.

"Wilbur and I shouldn't trust you guys either, but we do! We don't have a choice not to. Don't confuse yourselves on who the enemy is!" Niki spoke also feeling angry. "We should all be focused on the real enemy, the people who kidnapped us in the first place!" She almost yelled. By Wilbur's reaction, it seemed as if Niki almost never yelled, and this was something that didn't happen often.