Chapter 24

(Sorry this is so late guys! I kind of needed a break from writing. I will go back to my normal schedule for writing. Anyways enjoy!)

You heard a gasp from Wilbur as he opened the door. Curious you peeked your head through and there Niki was, in the center of the room starring at a mirror. The room was bigger than the previous ones had been and had light grey walls lit up with a couple of low-quality lights.

Niki seemed to be really panicked and didn't pay any attention to you entering the room. Her vision was locked onto that mirror and nothing else. You stood back as you watched Wilbur approach her slowly. Something felt off in a way and it didn't feel right to get close to Niki. You were going to stop Wilbur but it was too late he had already reached the blond girl.

"Niki? What are you looking at?" You heard Wilbur say in a soft voice placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Back up! Don't touch me Wil, I need to find him! You're distracting me!" Niki yelled. Wilbur quickly retracted his hand and step back startled at her bitter tone. You watched as Wilbur looked around the room looking for the thing Niki was looking for. You quickly looked around as well but saw nothing other than you guys.

Wilbur spoke up again in a slower softer voice, "Niki, there isn't anything here-"

"Be quiet!" She roared. "You can only see him through the mirror, you idiot!" Niki said focusing back on the mirror. "There!" Niki yelled pointing at a black silhouette in the mirror. The thing looked like it was made up of a thick black fog that formed to shape a human. Slowly the silhouette walked closer and closer to Niki through the mirror until it was right behind her. You looked outside of the mirror to see nothing there at all.

The silhouette without warning grabbed Niki's arm and slowly twisted it backward pulling her down. Wilbur tried punching the silhouette but missed because he couldn't tell where the thing was. It kicked Wilbur in the stomach, knocking the breath out of the brunette, and continued to twist Niki's arm.

Niki used her free arm to elbow the silhouette in the chest making it let go of her arm. You ran up to where the thing was and looked in the mirror before punching that thing in what you guessed was its face. You looked back into the mirror to see the thing now behind you. You quickly turned to react but you felt its hand wrap around your throat and push you to the ground. Slowly it gripped your throat tighter and tighter making your head feel like it was about to explode.

You turned your head to the left to see the thing in the mirror. You shot your hands up to hit it in the face and hopefully loosen its grip on your neck. It didn't seem to work and its grip only got tighter. In a panic, you started to kick and squirm around as much as possible. You tried twisting out of its grip but it would not let go. Slowly you felt your body become weaker and your energy being drained from your body. Then you felt all of the pressure on your neck get ripped away allowing you to breathe. You sat up quickly taking in fast jagged breaths and looked to your right to see what happened.

Clay was tackling the creature and was punching it non stop. You looked back into the mirror and saw the thing slowly getting weaker. Then Clay's fist went right through the creature and hit the ground. He looked confused for a second before standing up and looking towards something else. You looked where he was looking to see Niki hugging Wilbur. She seemed to be crying a little and you could slightly hear apologies get repeated over and over again by Niki. You were glad that Wilbur was able to convince her before the fight had gotten more serious. Slowly everyone regrouped at the mirror. There was an awkward silence among the group, no one knowing what to say. After about 30 seconds Darryl spoke up.

"Do you have a fear of mirrors?" Darryl asked Niki.

"Yeah, I've had a fear of them since I was a child. They have always freaked me out." Niki responded softly laughing at herself.