Chapter 16

You looked at Clay confused. He found what!?! The blond quickly walked up to you and handed you a small slip of paper. Looking at it you could see the name of all of the colors in the order. You looked at it, again and again, to be sure it was real.

"How did you find this?! What?!" You asked confused.

"Look around the room! There are small arrows everywhere that are all pointing to different arrows. We followed one which leads to another and another and it led to this." He said pointing around the room then gesturing to the paper.

"You and George were just so focused on the memory thing that you didn't notice." Emma pointed out, "Pay closer attention to your surroundings!" She yelled at you like she was your Mother. You rolled your eyes and turned around to enter the code. You walked up to the device and started typing. You didn't have to type them all in yet, only 18 out of the 30. The next colors flashed on a screen but you were okay with ignoring them now that you had the paper. You took a deep breath in and looked around. You could definitely see the small arrows on the walls now. It surprised you that you missed them before when you first looked at the room.

The colors on the screen stopped flashing so you entered the next colors. You just had to do this 11 more times. You finished entering them in and turned back to the group. They were all making nice friendly conversation. One of the cool things you noticed was how each color that flashed on the screen lit up everyone's faces. Red, then blue, then red, then yellow. It was kind of peaceful in a way. You were snapped out of your trance from Niki giving you a light tap on the shoulder.

"I can take it from here Y/N. You can have a break." She spoke softly.

"Oh okay, thank you." You gave her the paper and walked next to Emma.

"Zak bug check?" You heard Darryl ask Zak. You turned to the two and saw Zak nod and say 'You're good'. You watched as Darryl then walked to the center of the room.

"Okay if you have any questions about Zak and I's work ask them now. I can tell you all do and this is one of the only chances you will get to ask them." He spoke directed towards everyone.

Clay wasted no time getting right into the questions. He was clearly ready for this. "Why are you in this experiment with us? Couldn't you have just stayed in your hideout or whatever? Why do you need to be here and risk your lives?"

Darryl was taken back for a second with all of the questions at once but quickly regained his focus and answered."Our group needed someone on the inside. From the outside of this place, there is no way you could get inside unless your part of these people or part of an experiment. So we are basically the people who hold the door open for others..." He said sighing. "However our group also needed people to place cameras and mics everywhere they could. This entire time we have been placing cameras in the halls." Darryl explained. That surprised you. You didn't see them place one camera before and it was impressive how they were able to do it without getting caught. You noticed Wilbur getting a little nervous before asking a question.

"What are we going to do when we escape? Are there other people in this building who need to escape as well?" Wilbur asked.

"These guys only host one experiment at a time meaning that you are the only people that we need to help escape. We will lead you all to an exit, then you will meet up with a group of people hidden behind trees. When you meet them cross your fingers and say '06 and 07 sent us'."

"06 and 07?" Wilbur asked.

"That's our code names," Darryl answered.

"How are you guys going to stop them?" You asked. That question has been bothering you ever since you learned the truth about Zak and Darryl. You know they must have a thought out plan, but you just wanted to hear it to make sure.