Chapter 2

You wake up to your best friend gently shaking you. Opening your eyes you see that you're in a white box-shaped room with all of the walls lined with white tile except for a small speaker on each wall. From the ceiling hung a single light bulb that lit up the room. Looking around you spot about 6 other people in the room with you and Emma, also looking very confused. Some of them even had tears in their eyes. Out of nowhere all of your memories of what happened just a little earlier came flooding back to you. I was kidnaped. I was KIDNAPED! You think starting to panic. You turn back to Emma and you can see how she also has tears in her eyes. That's where your breath cut short.

Emma had tears in her eyes. Emma was the strongest person you knew. You had never seen her cry in the 8 years you had known her. Not once. Then you quickly notice that tears also started to prickle your eyes. You were terrified of what was going to happen. You're glad that Emma was here with you, but you were also sad. You did not want Emma to get hurt. Everyone in the room was silent. No one knew what to say. You looked up at the rest of the people in the room. You took notice right away of two things. 1. These people seem just as scared as you and 2. All of the people were in groups of two. That seemed odd to you. Why groups of two? You ignore it though and instead decide to look at the other people. Turning your head to the left you see a female and a male. The person closer to you had a beanie with a t-shirt and jeans. He also had dark curly brown hair.

The girl sitting next to him had blond hair. She was wearing a white sweater with some black leggings. She had her legs tucked into her chest and sat close to the beenie man. She looked as if she had been crying for a bit now. You felt bad for her but stayed silent.

Your eyes then drifted to the pair across from you and Emma. The one closer to the left had orange-ish brown hair and glasses. He was wearing a red and black sweatshirt with matching black pants. He looked very nervous and as if he was trying to hold back tears. You also noticed he was avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room, even the person next to him.

The other person was trying to stick close to the glasses guy, as his eyes also observed the room. He had dark brown fluffy hair, with a blue sweatshirt and jeans. His expression showed complete fear. He Did not look as if he were about to cry though, just terrified. You could tell he wanted to speak, but couldn't come up with anything to say.

Finally, the last pair were leaning up against the wall to your right. The one farther away from you had brown hair and weirdly shaped glasses propped on top of his head. He wore a light blue shirt and jeans that almost looked grey. He was clearly crying but kept it silent other than the occasional sniffle.

Closer to you was a man with dirty blond hair and green eyes. He had a lime green sweatshirt and black jeans. His expression was almost unreadable. He was staring at the ground clearly thinking of something, but the same as the rest stayed silent. The only expression you could faintly see was a shocked look. Just pure terrified shock.

A muffled clicking noise was heard, followed by the sound of speakers turning on. Not so long after a female robotic voice echoed through the room, "Hello contestants. Welcome to the game of fear. You all have been chosen at random to participate. Here you will experience 10 tests that will test your ability on the following: Teamwork, strength, bravery, strategy, creativity, memory, speed, resilience, agility, and finally, your ability to concur your greatest fear." The voice paused for a second then continued, ''If you have any questions you may ask now." It said finishing.

"Where are we?" The man in the blue hoodie said standing up. He was scared and wanted answers like the rest of us.

"You are in testing chamber 1." The voice replied. You could tell he wanted to ask more, but stayed silent and sat down.

"Why are we here?!" The person wearing lime green spoke up next.

"To test the human capabilities." The voice replied once again.

"What does that even mean?" The dirty blond pushed.

"It means that we are going to be testing you all to your max capabilities. Previous testers did not survive, and you are also most likely to also perish during these tests." It responded with no ounce of remorse in its robotic voice. Everyone in the room became silent. The silence was like the silence before, but this time not even a sniffle could be heard among the group. I'm going to die. I-I can't do this! We are all going to die here! Negative thoughts filled your mind. It was pointless in trying to stop them. I'm going to die down here! No one would know what happened to me! I'll just- Emma. Your thoughts paused for a second. You couldn't seem to wrap your mind around the fact that Emma could die. Just like that, your thinking changed completely. I won't let Emma die down here. I can't seem weak either. I need to be strong for Emma. At that moment it settled your mind that you, Emma, and the rest of these people were going to make it back alive. Nothing would stop that.

After another moment of silence, the voice spoke up again.

"There seems to be no more questions" The voice paused, almost asking if it was wrong before continuing, "The first test will begin momentarily. In the meantime, it is recommended that you get to know each other. And don't forget, your fear is your greatest enemy." More muffled clicking noises came from the speakers, then they stopped.

It was quiet. Mostly because people were scared and didn't know what to say. People shifted around in the silence for another moment before Emma decided to be brave and speak up, "My name is Emma," She began almost in a whisper. Yet some still turned to look at her. "And her name is Y/N." She said pointing at you. Taking a breath and gaining some confidence she continued. "On our end of this crazy thing, we know nothing other than what that lady just said, so if any of you have any important information, share it." She said, finishing. Emma was always good at taking leadership roles even in stressful situations, but the way she managed to take the role now still surprised you.

Another person must have felt brave enough and also decided to speak,

"My name is Wilbur," Beanie man began before being cut off quickly by the girl sitting next to him.

"And I'm Niki." She said now letting Wilbur continue.

"We don't have any useful information," He said, sounding kind of sad, "All I know is that we were walking and got taken by these weird people with black suits." Wilbur finished. Looking around the room for the next people to go as if it was some weird summer came thing.

"I'm Zak," Blue hoodie man said, "The same thing happened to me and Darryl," Zak said while pointing to the person sitting next to him. Darryl just gave a small wave of the hand and continued to avoid everyone's eye contact.

"George," The funky glasses man spoke, "And this is Clay," he said while pointing at the dirty blond, "and we were walking in the woods when they came and took us." He said, some distress still left in his voice.

Emma nodded in understanding and was about to speak again when the crackling noise of the speakers came on again.

"Welcome everyone to test number one, teamwork. This test will be simple. You will all have 10 minutes to figure out the 4 letter passcode for the door. Clues for the code will be hidden around the room for you to find. If you fail to enter the code, the walls will close in on all of you crushing you. With that said, your time begins now. Good luck, and as always, your fear is your greatest enemy."