Chapter 4

(Sorry this one is kind of more of a build-up to what's really going to happen. This chapter is important though so you cant skip it. Sorry. I hope you enjoy it!)

               Now all of you were breathing heavily and were somewhat shaking. You tried to slow your breathing to help you calm down. That sort of worked to make you less panicked.

Once you were calm enough you looked around to see your new surroundings, it seemed to be a short hallway with 5 new doors. Two to the left, two to the right, and one at the end of the hall. Then your eyes drifted to look at the corners of the room. There seemed to be cameras with a weird can-shaped object next to them. And next to every door was a small speaker. A muffled crackling noise came out of them, signaling once again that the speakers were turning on.

"Congratulations. You have made it past the first test, teamwork." The voice said. "You will soon be entering the next test phase, strength. Have a small 10-minute break before we continue to the next room." Then the robotic voice turned off leaving you all with nothing but silence.

What the hell just happened?! We almost died and they expect us to do another test that could kill us? We barely made it out of that one! Your negative and angry thoughts ran rampaged over your mind. They were not helping you calm down in the slightest bit.

"I-I am n-not doing another test," Zak said echoing the negativity in your head. Darryl nodded at him showing that he agreed with Zak, but he still didn't say a word.

"I don't think we have a choice," Wilbur said sadness clearly in his voice, "I think we're trapped here until we complete them all, or...or..." Wilbur didn't need to finish that sentence. You all knew what he was going to say. Die. That word echoed through your head. Was the only other option to get out of here death? You asked yourself, not wanting to hear that answer.

"Well, I'm not going to die." Clay said bravely, "I am going to get out of here with all of you, and nothing will stop that." When he said that, you remembered the promise you made to yourself. About how you and Emma would survive this, and how you would be brave. Did you really give up on that so quickly? Were you just so easily accepting defeat? No, you were going to survive, and just like Clay said, nothing will stop that. You were glad you could reclaim that promise with yourself, but you were still surprised that your fear could so quickly tear down any hope you had. Fear. That voice said that your fear is your greatest enemy. Is that what it means by that? Does the voice mean that our fear will be our demise? You were going to keep pondering this thought when Niki spoke up.

"What do you think the next test will be?" She asked shyly, "Don't you think we should try to figure out what's next to help us complete it?" That was something you haven't thought about yet.

"Maybe we should share our strengths and weaknesses to be more prepared for the test," Wilbur said for everyone in the room to hear.

"I was thinking we should as well." Clay said, "I guess I'm good at solving puzzles or getting out of tight situations. I'm pretty quick to think when it comes to stuff like strategy. I'm not that good at waiting though." He said not afraid to tell us this information. That weirded you out. Why was he so comfortable with this?

"I have a pretty good memory." George spoke not as confident and open as Clay, "But I am color blind so it makes it hard to memorize certain things. These glasses help though" He said pointing to the white ones on his head.

"I think I'll be able to help in the next test." Emma began, "I've done wrestling for a while now, so I think I'll be able to help with the strength, but I'm the complete opposite of George when it comes to memory" Emma then turned to you as if she wanted you to speak next.

"Um, I'm pretty creative when it comes to arts, but I don't really think that will help us. I have a hard time when it comes to speed as well." You said not comfortable with sharing this information. Emma must have thought that you were just not confident in yourself so she tried to reassure you.

"Y/N you're the one that helped solve 2 of the clues back there," Emma said kindly. "Stop putting yourself down." She said with a sweet smile and a light punch to the shoulder. You were going to explain that you weren't putting yourself down, but she quickly moved on and started to talk again before you could say anything. "Anyways what about you two?" Emma asked while looking at Zak and Darryl.

"I did track in high school. I'll do good on the speed test." Zak spoke clearly becoming another person who you thought was way too comfortable with this crazy situation. Then he gave a small gasp and a mischievous grin. "Oh, and Darryl over here is an amazing singer." He said while giving Darryl a funny look. Darryl looked at him with wide eyes and began shaking his head and crossing his arms quickly. That just made Zak laugh, which caused everyone to snicker a little from his contagious laughter. "But seriously this dude can throw knives," Zak said while pointing a thumb at Darryl.

You laughed a little but that's when you really noticed Darryl wasn't talking. Maybe he got injured when he got kidnapped. Or he is mute. Wouldn't Zak say something about that though? Your thoughts were interrupted however by Niki talking.

"I"m trilingual. I know German, English, and Spanish, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to help with any of the tests." Niki spoke gently. She sounded confident it's just she didn't know if her skills could help.

Wilbur then butted in, sort of like how she did earlier. "Niki, didn't you do some sort of gymnastics? That would make you pretty agile. That's one of the tests I'm pretty sure." He said giving her a sweet smile.

"I guess I did do gymnastics before." She said while nodding to herself. Looking a little prouder now that she knew that she would be a big help.

"Ok," Emma began again. "Does anyone remember all the tests, and possibly the order?" Emma asked hopefully but knew it went too fast, and everyone was too shaken up to remember.

"I think I remember the test," George spoke happily, glad that he has a good memory. "There is, teamwork, that's the one we just went through, strength, that one is next, next one is.. bravery..? Then strategy followed by creativity. Memory,...speed, then.. um... resilience, I'm not too sure about that one. After that is agility, and the ability to concur your greatest fear.".

We all, except Clay, stared at him in shock. Even in such a stressful situation, he was able to remember all of that.

"I would start to plan something to help us in the test, but that's the problem. We may know what the themes of the test are, but we don't know what the actual tests are going to do. Without that information, we will have to be extremely fast on our feet when the tests begin." Clay responded trying to help the group.

As they were talking your mind began to wander. Your mind wondered what these people were truly like. What if they are just putting up an act? They could all be telling lies. Where are all of these thoughts coming from? You tried to clear your head but it was like only negative things could pop into your mind. Your the one going to get them killed. What if they are all evil? Maybe they are murderers. Or..or who knows what?! Why is Darryl not talking? Why are Zak and Clay so comfortable with this situation? Don't Niki and Wilbur sound so suspicious? What if they hurt Emma? I-I can't trust any of them. The only person I can truly trust right now is Emma. No one else.