Chapter 15

"Why did you have to kill a rabbit?" Darryl asked concerned.

"It was part of our test. We had to get a key out of the rabbit's stomach. We tried to get it out without harming it, but it didn't work." Wilbur explained lifting his hands."Do you guys have anything I can clean my hands off on?" He asked.

"I don't think we do," Niki muttered unsurely.

Clay jumped into the conversation changing the topic back to Wilbur and your test. "Wow, your test seemed rough. Darryl and I only had to figure out a way to solve a marble puzzle." He spoke as if his test was super easy.

"Yeah me and Niki just had to figure out a box and leaver thing." George imputed to the conversation.

"Huh," You said looking at the ground thinking of the differences between tests. "Wait where are Emma and Zak?" You said looking back up quickly. You had just noticed that the two were missing from the room.

"I don't think they have completed their test yet." Clay shared.

"Don't we only have two minutes left though?" You asked worriedly. Clay just slowly nodded. You walked to the wall to your right and slid down it until you hit the ground. Your mind instantly filled with worse case scenarios. What if they got hurt?! What if Emma is extremely injured!? Interrupting you from your thought was a light tap on the shoulder from Darryl. You hadn't thought about how worried he must be as well. He gave you a sad soft smile. You slowly replied with the same expression. He knew how worried you were and you knew how worried he was. You could empathize with each other. That made you a little less stressed about the situation.

"They'll be okay alright?" Darryl said, sounding unsure himself.

"Yeah, they will be okay." You said looking back at him. You waited five minutes in silence with the others. Every second that ticked by your hope grew less for the missing two. The test should have ended a while ago. You picked at the tips of your fingers in worry. How were you supposed to believe that they were okay? Then the door shot open and the two missings were pushed violently inside as you had been. You quickly stood up and grabbed onto Emma's shoulders tightly as if to see if she was really there.

"Emma are you okay? Why did your test take so long? Did something happen?" You quickly bombarded the girl with questions. You knew it was a bit rude, but you were worried about her. And you didn't feel too bad about it because Darryl was doing the same thing to Zak,

"Geppy! Why did you take so long?! Are you hurt? What happened?!" Darryl questioned.

"There was a piece missing in our test and we got extra time to make up for it," Zak said shrugging. Darryl backed up and stared at him with a big look of doubt. "No trust me I didn't steal anything!" Zak said trying to sound more serious. Darryl just kept looking at Zak, expression not changing. "I didn't!" Zak almost begged. Darryl just then lifted one eyebrow sightly at Zak's pleading face. Zak stood there silent for a second. "...okay, maybe I did."

"Zak! You could get killed for that!" Darryl shouted.

"What did you guys even steal?" You asked towards the two. Zak then took off his shoe and something small and metal fell out.

"A lock pick," Emma spoke pointing at the thing. Everyone stared at the thieves with a look of amazement. Even if Darryl was mad, he couldn't be for long. That thing could be super useful.

Before anyone can actually respond to them the speaker in the corner of the room crackled to life. In that short moment when the speaker was turning on, the whole room tensed up. If they heard that Zak stole another thing, he would be dead. After what felt like hours of waiting to see what they had to say the Voice turned on. "The guards will come to collect you shortly for your next test. Congratulations on passing." Once the speaker turned off you and some others let out a huge breath of relief.