Chapter 1

(Enjoy chapter 1!)

 You woke up to the noise of your phone buzzing like crazy. Sadly, you couldn't seem to ignore the annoying sound. You push yourself up into a seated position while yawning. Groggily, you rub your eyes and turn on your lamp so you could see. The bright light filled the room instantly causing your eyes to quickly close. Squinting, you pull off the soft blanket covering your legs and shift so your feet are touching the floor. Turning towards your phone finally, you can see that all of the notifications were messages from your best friend Emma.

You and Emma had met in fourth grade when she moved to town. You got to know her because you were the one responsible for showing her around the school. Through all the time you spent talking with her you learned that she had moved because her Dad got a new job. Emma said she didn't mind the move though because they had a better place she could wrestle. That was sort of a bonus of being friends with Emma. She was hella strong. You weren't weak but you were definitely not as strong as her. Nobody wanted to pick a fight with this girl. On the other hand, you preferred peaceful, creative, non-violent activities as your hobbies. Even though you too were so different, Emma still asked to be your friend. When Emma became your friend you were ecstatic. That was mostly because you were never the type to make many friends, but you and Emma were inseparable.

Picking up the phone, you quickly read that it's only 4:27 am. Why the hell is Emma texting me 4 in the morning? You think with a puzzled expression. Swiftly you type in your passcode and you open up the messages to see Emma texting in all caps like she normally does. You decide that you should probably still read the message through.

Emma: WAKE UP

What does she want? You wonder. Why would Emma want to talk to me right now?

Emma: Y/N!!! THE ASSIGNMENT FOR SCIENCE IS DUE TODAY NOT TOMORROW YOU IDIOT!!!

Emma: WE NEED TO DO IT NOW OR ELSE WERE DEAD, SO WAKE UP!!!

Assignment? Your brain, still being fuzzy after waking up, could not understand a single thing she was talking about.

Y/N: What assignment? I thought we had no more work?

Emma: NO MORE WORK?!?! Y/N, THE ONE ABOUT LEAVES AND STUFF!!!! IT'S DUE TODAY!!

Your brain finally processing what Emma was on about, started to freak out.

Y/N: OH SHOOT THAT ONE!?!? WE ONLY STARTED IT!!

Emma: YEAH SO GET YOUR BUTT ON THE DOCUMENT NOW AND HELP ME FINISH IT! WE CAN'T FAIL THIS CLASS!

Y/N: OK I'LL BE ON IN A SEC

Dropping your phone, you sit up quickly and rush over to your desk to turn on your computer. Quickly plopping on the chair Turning it on, Its bright light also blinded you. It however was not as bad as the lamp because your eyes had adjusted quickly to its glow. You open up docs and immediately got to work. Writing as fast as you could, you and Emma wrote up about 9 more paragraphs on the document. Working non-stop, you failed to notice that a couple of hours passed and it's now 6:03 am. Finally checking the time, you take a big yawn and stretch your arms back until you can't anymore. Standing up from your chair you pick up your phone off of the floor and check your school email to see if there is any more work that needs to be done. Luckily for you, there wasn't. You let out an audible sigh and start texting Emma again.

Y/N: I think we're all done

Emma: Yeah I think we are

Y/N: let's get ready then walk to school together so we can talk about the paper

Emma: Ok I'll meet up at yours at 7:00

Y/N: Sounds like a plan

You respond quickly before putting down your phone to get ready for the school day. You took a quick shower after eating breakfast, then got some nice clothes on. While brushing your teeth you notice that you have a bad feeling in your stomach. You didn't know what yet, just something about today didn't feel right. However, you push off the feeling thinking that you are just worried about the paper. Clearly, you were not getting an A on that thing, but anything is better than failing. Finishing brushing your teeth you pack your bag with the rest of your stuff then go to the front door to put your shoes on. You enter into the kitchen on your way to the door to see your Mom just woken up.

"Hey Mom," You said while walking to the door. "I'm walking with Emma to school today, so there's no need to drive me." You added quickly.

"That's nice," She said, not really paying attention to you, but her bagel.

"Well, I'll be on my way then I guess," You said not really sure if she heard you. "Bye."

"Bye." She said, still staring at her bagel. You rolled your eyes then walked out the door. This was going to be a long day.

Walking out the door you see Emma scrolling through her phone. She was wearing some black jeans and a matching baggie shirt. She looks up, sees you, and smiles, "I thought you weren't coming out," She said teasing you.

"What do you mean?" You said in the same teasing tone, "I'm clearly early it's only 7:05!".

"And I said 7:00." She remarked. "let's get going before we're late to school." You began walking towards the school while talking about random topics with Emma. It was fun to talk to her about the most random things. She always had something to say that made you smile. She was a really good friend.

Then you came upon the bad part of your walk. To get to the school you and Emma had to walk through this bad part of town. It was known for the horrible people who lived here and the constant crime going on. There is a way to avoid this part of town, but it would take 30 minutes to get to school. Emma looked towards you with a look that said 'I'm ready'. She looked into your eyes, however, and they clearly said, 'I'm not'.

Emma chuckled at your strange expression and began to walk. You quickly followed behind, not wanting to be left alone. As you and Emma walked, you noticed the fun friendly conversations you had before stopped. The two of you only focused on one thing, getting to your destination. Looking ahead about 30 meters, you noticed 3 black, shiny, new cars. They all had the same look and none of them had a license plate. Kinda freaked out, you nudged Emma with your elbow, getting her attention, and pointed at the cars. She looked at them and quickly grabbed your hand, walking to the exact opposite side of the road as those cars. You did not want to get involved with them. You were about to pass the cars when you heard a door open. Both you and Emma whipped your head back to see a man in an all-black suit come out of the middle car. The man turned his head towards you and Emma and pointed his finger at you guys. All of a sudden more people come out of the car and start speed walking towards you guys. Emma turns away and starts running while pulling you by the hand. You're running with her when you hear a clicking noise, followed by a sharp pain in your leg. As you look behind you to see what hit your leg another click is heard. Your legs give out and you collapse to the ground, letting go of Emma's hand. You hit the asphalt hard. What was happening to my legs!? You try to stand but you're not able to. Looking up you hear a thud and see Emma also hit the ground. You wanted to scream for help but you couldn't seem to make a noise. Your body wants to sleep while your mind is trying its best to keep you moving. Black slowly fades into your vision as you hear multiple footsteps coming towards you. The darkness eventually completely fills your vision, knocking you out cold.