Chapter 13

(1k reads!! Thank you guys so much!)

You were shocked at this outburst. Why does Clay hate Technoblade so much? We were only throwing out ideas. Everyone decided that it was better to just stay silent for now. The tension was high and it was best if everyone calmed down. There was a knock on the door before it was opened revealing multiple guards. One of them tepid forwards and spoke up.

"We are here to bring you to your next test. We all have weapons loaded on us so if you try anything you will get hurt." He said with a stern voice. You were grabbed by a few guards and watched as everyone else was too. Slowly one by one the group was led out of the room with about 3 guards per person. As you walked you noticed you felt like a prisoner. They eventually brought everyone to a room with another large metal door. However, you noticed it had a red door frame. The guards quickly pushed everyone inside and slammed the door behind you. You look around and right away you spot Zak all healed upon the ground sitting.

"Zak!" Darryl yelled as he ran to his best friend and gave him a hug.

"Hey, Darryl!" Zak responded, accepting the hug. You get a chance to look around the room while they catch up. You noticed that it was a very tall room with a lot of small metal vertical mail slots all over the room and in one corner was a smooth runged metal latter. The metal slots weren't in a pattern either but just randomly scattered all over the room. You slowly spun around taking in how many there truly were. You also noticed that some of the floor tiles made a click when you stepped on them.

"What are these things?" Wilbur asked looking at the metal slots.

"I have no idea." You said truly clueless. This room was bigger than the glass room which made you feel like you were being watched from all angles. You did not like the feeling. You walked up to one of the metal pieces and looked inside. There were no cameras to your relief, in fact, from what you could see there was nothing at all. You backed up from the wall even more confused. You turned around to see even more puzzled faces.

"Are all of you ready?" The voice asked. You nodded and heard a couple of yeses. "Good. This is the strategy test. All of you will work together to grab a white flag. The white flag will pop out of the wall and you will all try to grab it. However, if you press a certain tile the flag will retreat and pop out of a new part of the wall. This is not random, so you will have to come up with a plan to capture the flag. You will be given 30 minutes to complete this test. If you fail to do so we will quickly take care of you. Your time begins now. Have fun and as always remember, your fear is your greatest enemy." Almost instantly after the voice stopped a small white flag popped out of one of the slots. The slot was closer to the top of the wall so quickly George grabbed the latter. As he walked up to the flag a tile he stepped on clicked and the flag disappeared back into the wall. Then another one pooped out about a meter away from Emma's feet. She turned around to grab it but a tile clicked again and it disappeared. This would have been a lot easier if the tiles weren't so small. Just one of them was about 10x10 cm.

"Behind you!" Wilbur yelled at you. You stood still and slowly turned to keep your feet on the tiles they were pressed on. Sadly you weren't too close to the wall so you had to take a couple of steps to get there. Slowly you took on the step. No click. That's good! However the next step you weren't so lucky and stepped on a clicking tile.

"Shoot!" You yelled mad that you missed the flag. The next one appeared in the upper corner of the room closest to Wilbur and Niki. George passed the latter towards Wilbur being careful not to move. Wilbur grabbed the latter and tried to set it down without it touching the clicking tiles. As soon as it pressed the ground though the flag went back in a pooped out of somewhere else.

"Everyone go close to the walls so it's easy to grab if it pops out," Zak yelled. You walked to the wall closest to you and as you were walking you heard the noise of the flag switching spots like crazy. You turned to face the group and this time it was above emmas head. Wilbur tried to pass her the latter but she ignored him. And instead used the slots as handholds, the flag to climb. She kicked one spot in until it was bent inwards and climbed another step. She then reached for the flag, but as soon as she was about to grab it disappeared.

"Wait who stepped on a tile?" Emma asked now about 3 meters of the ground. You looked around and everyone seemed to be in the same spots. "Did anyone step on a tile?" Emma now asked. Everyone shook their heads including you. However, you look down and your foot was in a different space so that might have been you. Looking at your foot's new placement you cringe a little at yourself for messing up. You try to play it off as not being you by looking around the room. You notice that this time the flag was popped out in between Niki and Geroge. Emma then hopped down making the flag move again into a new spot. You noticed that the flag at popping out of any of the spots Emma destroyed.

"Emma when you did that you destroyed the flags option of popping out of those spaces." You said while starring at the damaged wall. "If we do that to all of them but one the flag will have to pop out of that one spot making it easy to grab!" You spoke excitedly.

George laughed a little, "I don't think that's how we were supposed to solve this one."

"Well, it's their design flaw! They never said we couldn't!" More people laughed and it almost felt like you guys were having a little fun even though your life was endangered.

Clay spoke up, "Okay Emma, Y/N, Zak, and Darryl, you four will destroy as much of these things as possible, while Me George, Niki, and Wilbur, will be trying to capture that annoying flag."

"Sounds like a plan," Zak called. People quickly got to work and you just started to kick the metal pieces as hard as you could until they were bent inwards. You dealt with the ones closer to the bottom because they were easier to reach. After taking out a bunch you turned around to find Emma climbing all over the wall.

You laughed before speaking up, "Emma you look like spider woman!"

"What are you talking about I AM spider woman!" She yelled back at you. That caused you to laugh more. Then you heard Clay wheeze like a tea kettle.

Your laughter increased so much as you tried to choke out your sentence, "Cla-y what the h-ell wa-s that lau-gh!" The entire room was bursting with laughter.

George yelled over the laughter him laughing himself, "What do you mean he does that all the time!" For the next five minutes, it was just all of you laughing at dumb jokes while you did your best to destroy these metal things. The metal had to be pretty thin on them for you to be able to do this any thicker and you would be on the ground with a stubbed toe. After a couple more minutes you had finished bending them inwards with only one still remaining. The flag popped out and Niki quickly grabbed it meaning that you guys beat the test. It would have been a lot harder to beat if Emma didn't climb the walls so you were glad that she did.

About 30 seconds after Niki grabbed the flag the voice came on. "So far no other group we have tested has tried something like that. The normal way to beat it was to use the small hidden hook on the inside rung of the latter and attaching that to the end of the latter to get the flag from a distance. You would have been able to predict where the flag was going to be next by the pattern it was moving in. You destroyed the place to limit the areas the flag could go. You pass the test for collecting the white flag and you will be brought to the next room shortly."

"I think it's mad at us," Wilbur whispered but still loud enough or everyone to here.

"You think?" You said laughing. Maybe these people aren't that bad. You thought. Maybe.