Chapter 23

(What?! Totally me not writing books at 11:00 pm. I think this is the longest chapter I've written but I'm not sure. Anyways Enjoy!)

You ran out into the hall with Wilbur hearing George and Clay follow behind. According to George, the next room you're supposed to find is Darryl's. After that would be Technoblade, and after that, Emma.

It was nice that you had a plan on what was happening next, but everything was still so unpredictable. Like how much time you had left until the guards realized that you were gone. Or if there were guards right around the corner ready to catch you guys. So far you have been lucky, but you were sure that wouldn't last long.

You hooked a hard left and immediately spotted a red and black door that stood out compared to the rest of the metal doors in the hall. Stopping, you looked at the door for a couple of seconds longer waiting for the rest of the group. You saw Wilbur run slightly ahead of you towards the door so you quickly gave up on the waiting thing and followed him. You got out your lock pick and quickly tried to open the door. In about 4 seconds you had the door open which is impressive since you only had done it so many times before. You heard George and Clay catch up behind you as you pushed opened the door.

There Darryl was being pushed up against a wall by a person who looked very similar to him. The man held Darryl by the neck and seemed not to pay attention to your big entrance. He was wearing the same clothes as Darryl but they were turquoise and white instead of red and black. His skin was an unnaturally bright white while his eyes were pitch black creating a contrast.

You stood still watching not knowing what to do. To save Darryl you had to intervene with the fear, unlike the last times where you just helped the person by talking with them. You weren't sure if the fear could hurt you too which was the main reason you were hesitant to jump right in. However, Wilbur wasn't as hesitant and jumped right at the other figure with a punch.

Surprisingly the punch actually hit the fear pushing away from Darryl. You quickly grabbed Darryl and pulled him closer to the door of the room. He was breathing fast so you tried to help him calm down. You looked to the other side of the room to see Wilbur and the fear exchanging punches and hits. How is this possible if it isn't real? Shouldn't it not be able to hurt us!? You looked back at Darryl who was shaking at the sight of the fear fighting Wilbur. Darryl's eyes were wide with every hit, kick, or punch. Then it occurred to you. Darry still thinks it's real so it can still affect us!

"Darryl! Look at me." You said grabbing his shoulder. "This thing isn't real and it can't hurt any of us once you realize that." Darryl looked at the fear then back at you.

"I-it isn't real?" He said slowly.

"Yes!" You practically yelled. "We'll all be okay, your okay. That thing over there doesn't exist." You said pointing at the creature. "You just need to trust me." You spoke looking at him dead in the eyes.

"It doesn't exist," Darryl repeated. You looked back at the creature and saw a punch phase right through Wilbur. Wilbur was able to back away from the fear. It kept trying to hurt him but wasn't able to. Slowly everything calmed down.

"That thing is vicious," Wilbur stated after walking away from it.

"I mean, you did throw the first punch, Wilbur." Clay remarked trying to joke around.

"It was going to kill Darryl, and you would have done the same." Wilbur quickly shot right back. You don't think he got the joke. "Anyways what was that thing?" Wilbur asked Darryl while pointing at the fear. The fear realizing it couldn't attack anymore slowly faded away since it wasn't real anyway.

Darryl looked back at Wilbur. "Oh! Um, well I guess my fear is that the group I work in will turn me into a blood-thirsty monster. Some of the people on higher ranks than me and Zak are just horrible. It's like they lost their humanity! Speaking of Zak though, where is he?" Darryl questioned.