Chapter 11

(Haha me be late. Sorry about that.)

The room was silent after that message. Each expression showed something completely different. You stayed in your spot at the glass ready to watch what was going to happen. This fight could really injure Zak if Clay is wrong. You held in a breath as you watched the door open on the other side.

Then a man walked in. He had a black suit like the rest and was the shortest out of the guards seen so far. This man actually looked more nervous than Zak. The two walked up to the ring and both of them hopped inside. You didn't notice what was happening between the two men so Emma was first to explain.

"This fight may be tough for Zak, so he is playing his cards correctly. Right now he is trying to look as intimidating as possible, to make the other think less of himself. I don't think it's necessary though considering the other guy already looks so nervous."

"Yeah, but it's better to not take any chances I guess." You spoke back to her. She nodded and you both proceeded to look through the glass.

"Are you both ready?" The voice asked over the speaker. They both gave a small nod. "Then begin."

Zak was the first one to make a move and immediately ran and the other. The man ducked Zak's punch and delivered a punch to Zak's gut. This punch didn't seem to affect Zak however as Zak then grabbed the other person's arm and twisted it behind his back. Zak then grabbed the man by his collar and slammed him into the ground. The man tried to resist but was not strong enough to get out of Zak's hold. Zak then slid an arm around the other's neck and choked him until he passed out.

"Well done Zak. Your team gets 20 points. We will have Niki go next. Zak you will have 3 guards walk you to the room where the others are at. Niki, you will come out of the room peacefully or we will shoot you and anyone else that tries to fight." The voice spoke. That was the only noise that was made. Everyone stared in shock at how quickly Zak took a level 7 guard down. But at the same time, the level 7 guard seemed so weak.

"Just as I guessed." Clay began, "They never told us what the toughest guard would be, we just assumed that the ones that got you more points were more of a challenge. But instead, it's reversed, the ones with the least points are the hardest to beat while the ones with the more points are the easiest!" Clay spoke happily.

"Why would they do that though? That just makes winning this easy." George spoke up."Because it's a test of bravery. If you're brave it will come easier, while if you're afraid it's harder." Clay explained.

"Your fear is your greatest enemy." You quietly mumbled under your breath. That's why George's fight was so hard! You thought to yourself everything now making sense. "If that is true then how tough do you think their strongest guard is?" You asked slowly. "I thought the level 5 guard was super tough to beat, and it turns out he was only a 3." People got a little quieter when you mentioned that. The only thing that broke the silence was a knock on the door, which were most likely guards ready to get Niki.

Wilbur quickly grabbed Niki's hand and said, "Pick guard 7 ok?" Niki flashed him a sweet smile and nodded. You saw her take a breath and wave everyone a quick goodbye before walking out the door. The door once again made a slam, closing. You took a breath in and looked through the glass. Zak was no longer in the room so you presumed that the guards had picked him up.