TWENTY-FIVE (ISELEN POV)

"What's wrong, my love?"

"They're still there... They're getting on my nerves..." I whisper staring at the screen while petting Isthar absentmindedly, my angel sits down next to me and puts her arm on my shoulders to be able to kiss my cheek but not even that manages to soothe me. "It's been three days and they're still there, near Neptune, motionless... it feels like they're waiting for something and I don't like it."

"Getting a magneto plasma generator fixed is not an easy task, Iselen, no matter how much state-of-the-art technology they have, their communications system is damaged too probably and who knows what other problems they're having right now... Anyway, Antares' soldiers are watching them and they know it, I think, because no fighter ship has left the big grey rock lately. I don't like the fact that they're still here in the solar system either but they'll leave sooner or later looking for water and food."

"There's ice in Neptune..."I answer grimacing.

"But no sign of food..." Ruby puts her fingers under my chin and forces me to turn my head to look at her pretty face, my angel smiles and her thumb rubs my lips gently. "Don't worry, my love, they won't attack the Earth again and, if they try, they're going to get an unpleasant surprise, we know a lot of things about them and their technology now... It's lucky we found the ship they travelled to NY with and the engines were still on."

"At least we didn't find anyone in the fridge..." I sigh wearily. "I should go to check on Darla and visit Vivienne and her baby, I have tons of things to do in the greenhouse and I promised to bring Heze more books about psychology..."

"Babe, Darla is doing great and adjusting to life in this ship, she seems to feel stronger and confident now that she eats regularly and she's starting to trust her partner. Vivienne and the baby are doing well too and Segin is in charge of giving them whatever they need and I'm pretty sure the botanists in your greenhouse will manage to do their jobs even if you don't go to work today... These past days were really hard and you need to relax... Come with me."

"Where?" I ask suspiciously putting Ishtar on the couch, the cat yawns and ignores us while getting herself comfortable to take a nap and I follow Ruby to the bathroom.

"You know water is a precious asset in this ship and we only use it to drink and water plants, purifying rays were invented to avoid wasting it... This is the reason why taking a bath human style is impossible and Annunaki look very excited when they visit your planet to swim in the sea... The truth is that we love the feeling of diving in a pool of water and this is why we've come up with some alternatives." Ruby points at the big bathtub that looks like a pool covered with blue and green tiles, to be honest I haven't paid attention to it in the months I've been living in this ship and I always took showers with purifying rays. But come to think about it, having such a massive bathtub in a ship where you can't fill it with water is weird."

"What's this?" I ask confused.

"Warm gel... It's hard to explain..." My angel smiles running her fingers through her unicorn-coloured hair, pensively. "A substance composed of large molecules that... Actually, we got the idea from the sap of certain trees we found in a planet... Mmmm, forget it, to sum up... it's like those purifying rays, it'll clean you and you'll feel like you're immersing in warm water, it's very relaxing..."

"It looks like a bathtub filled with blueish jelly," I stare at the substance suspiciously. "Is it sticky?" Ruby shakes her head while unbuttoning her white shirt and dropping it to the floor, her flawless skin covered with tattoos takes my breath away every time I see it, she's so beautiful that manages to make me forget what I was talking about one minute ago...

"Don't you want to try, babe?"

"What? Yes, okay, but what if I slip and fall?" My angel shakes her head again and offers me her hand to help me to walk in the bathtub after I get rid of my shirt quickly. "Wow... this is weird..." I can't help giggling nervously while sitting down on the bench that runs along the edge of the small pool till the jelly reaches my shoulders. "It feels like swimming in a bathtub filled with the same gel human doctors use for ultrasound scans..." I whisper fascinated raising an arm and watching the blueish substance slipping down from my skin to fall in the bathtub again till my arm is dry and clean.