TWENTY-SIX (ISELEN POV)

"Nin, I need to ask you a favour." I get up startled when hearing Heze's voice, turning around to look at her face while holding a small watering can in my hand. I've been working in my greenhouse all morning along with botanists and some engineers, the irrigation system, temperature and light are perfect and we only need to finish with the aesthetic part: different terraces covered with flowers and small trees are beautiful but I want to add fountains and benches to turn this massive greenhouse into a botanical garden that Annunaki can visit.

"Of course, what can I do for you?" I ask confused taking my gloves off and jumping to the floor from the lower terrace where I was planting a yellow acacia, the flowers smell heavenly but it can cause allergy in some humans and also those horrible aliens, based on our guest's reaction yesterday in the lab. The guy also hates daisies, dahlias, jasmine and sunflowers. All those flowers grow in my greenhouse and botanists are gathering pollen while Ruby and her scientists are working on a biological weapon that could be used against our enemies.

"It's about Darla, I don't want to leave her alone at home today and I wondered if she could stay here with you, she won't disturb you while you're working, I promise. She can sit down on that bench and play with Ishtar... I see you've brought the cat..." Heze frowns confused and I nod smiling.

"Yes, since we've finished the construction work she's not in danger of getting injured while sniffing around and I've planted catnip in those pots so she's very happy. Where's Darla? Is she okay?"

"She's waiting standing by the door and yes, she's fine," the doctor answers pointing behind her with her thumb.

"Why don't you want her to stay alone in your apartment? Heze..." I growl her name quietly as a warning when I notice that my friend is getting nervous and seems to think about what to answer. "What are you hiding?"

"I don't know," I raise an eyebrow in disbelief. "I promise, Nin, we don't know yet and this is why Ruby hasn't told you anything, we want to be sure about what's going on before raising the alarm. Kullat is working on it but I feel anxious... I only see threats around me since the day Darla came into my life, I've never been so worried about anyone before even if I'm a doctor." I can't help smiling while Heze blushes awkwardly. "I thought that having a partner would be wonderful, someone to laugh and have fun with, to start a family and all that. I adore Darla and I'm very happy but my days have become stressful, I'm concerned about her safety, I want her to feel comfortable here to be able to get over the awful things that happened in her past."

"That's normal, my friend, the situation is a bit complicated with those monsters wandering around right now. Your relationships has started in an unusual way but everything will be all right, you'll be able to go to the Earth on holidays with your partner soon to relax and get to know each other better... And in the meantime, I'll help you to take care of her and will teach her my language to make communication easier between you..."

"Thank you, Nin." The doctor smiles relieved.

"But in return I want you to tell me what's going on, you know I hate when I don't have all the information and I get pretty anxious." Heze nods and sighs in resignation while gesturing at her pretty mate so she moves closer, Darla waves her hand to greet me and sits down on the bench next to Ishtar to pet her.

"Kullat found something... although he didn't know what it was at first. We receive radio waves from outer space with a pattern that repeats, they're uncommon but not rare and usually come from highly magnetized neutron stars. This is why the computer didn't pay attention... only those waves seem to move closer to us now and Ruby wants to know what's happening. She's not going to take any chances and, given that now I have a partner, I support her decision."