FOURTEEN (ISELEN POV)

"I'm sorry, Nin Dingir... I need you to read this and give your approval..."

"Of course but you could've sent it through Alrisha... you didn't need to leave the lab and come here." I turn slightly to be able to look back over my shoulder at the new visitors from the couch where I'm sat: two Anunnaki with a flashy hair colour wearing white and green uniforms, which means a doctor and a scientist. They both nod respectfully while my angel starts reading something on the screen they've handed her, focusing on her job, and she doesn't realize what's happening... it's been happening for a week, actually.

An endless parade of botanists, maintenance staff, soldiers, scientists, nurses, teachers and even the Council members have visited our apartment for all imaginable reasons to justify their presence here... but the only thing they actually wanted was to take a look at the Madagascar jasmine that stands in a place of honour in a corner of our living room. The plant is growing well since light and humidity conditions are controlled by a computer and therefore perfect, the perfume drifts all over the apartment and it's almost as good as my mate's one. Heze was the first one visiting us and stared at it in shock for some minutes, she looked excited when I allowed her to touch one of the petals and assured me that it was the most beautiful thing she'd seen in her entire life.

Word quickly spread through the entire ship and now everybody here knows that Nin Dingir is the owner of this wonder of nature with beautiful white flowers and a heady perfume. I think that's what has shocked the aliens the most... they all assumed that the jasmine was mine but I told them that I'd given it to Ruby as a present and apparently that means she's the only person on the ship who owns a living plant. All of them are in greenhouses and staff wearing yellow uniforms takes care of them, Vivienne confirmed me that humans living with aliens don't have ornamental plants at home either and that she missed them. Periwinkle was her favourite and I made sure that it was included in the list of species for my new greenhouse.

"Everything is all right, here you have..." My angel gives the screen back to the doctor and both Anunnaki say goodbye shooting furtive glances at the jasmine.

"Ruby we need to do something, we can't go on like this..."

"What are you talking about?" My angel flops down next to me and puts her arm over my shoulders, hugging me closer to her body so I can lean my head on her shoulder, and I can't help but smile. She saw a boy doing the same gesture in a human film and liked the idea, she asked me if it was normal for us to hug our partner like that and she's been training since that day in a way that it almost looks natural when she does it. Funny enough, her habit of touching me constantly doesn't bother as much as it used to do and I don't feel overwhelmed even if Ruby is too clingy. I would've kicked her ass out of my life weeks ago if she were my human girlfriend but the alien is my mate and I guess that makes her special to me.

"You haven't realized, have you? Babe, everybody comes here to see the jasmine..." My angel turns her head to look at the plant and frowns confused. "They're looking for excuses like their jobs and documents you have to read... Whatever... But that's not true. I'm sorry to say this, Nin Dingir, but you aren't interesting for them no matter how powerful you are in this ship..."

"I understand, why are you laughing?" I raise my hand and touch her silky pink and violet hair smiling nonstop.

"Because you don't feel offended despite the fact that you aren't centre of attention."

"Why should I be offended?"

"It doesn't matter," I cut her off abruptly. "It's a stupid human behaviour and I'm glad you aren't like that." I lean forward slowly to brush her lips with mines and the angel sighs delighted. "But we still have a problem... Ornamental plants are uncommon in this ship and a few bouquets of flowers scattered around aren't enough to satisfy your people's curiosity. I need you to set up a meeting with botanists and biologists that will work in my greenhouse... We have to think big, Nin Dingir... I'll also need Alrisha's help."