TWO (RUBY POV)

"I'm going to kill that fucking asshole!" I grumble while getting out of the car along with several women before taking a look around with curiosity. Human transportation is the most practical under these circumstances even if it's terribly slow: it's almost dawn and I got the message sent by the sister of one of my assistants hours ago although I must admit I was busy in my lab of the mother ship and it took me a while to read it. The small village seems to be sleepy and the inhabitants are probably in their houses but it's pretty clear that there're some movements inside the big building in front of me. My cousin Antares doesn't know the meaning of the word "subtlety," he's a good soldier and highly respected in our society, but he's not good at diplomacy... For what I've understood of that message, he faced a problem that required kindness and tactfulness but now he might be in some kind of trouble and I have to fix it, as usual.

I walk with firm steps, crossing a hall and down a corridor towards some voices speaking my language. A sign hanging on a door tells me this is the local police station and I can't help frowning, why the hell my cousin would take his partner to the place human security forces work and lock up criminals? Does he fear she's in danger? I walk into a very big room where several desks and chairs are scattered around along with some people and lots of coffee mugs on every surface available. A man with a protuberant belly looks very nervous while talking to Antares' guards, my cousin is sitting on a wooden chair with his feet leaned on one desk and shakes his head frustrated with a hand on his forehead like he has a headache maybe and Vir, my assistant's sister, is standing a little further away from us, next to a door that leads to a small room... a little window allows me to take a look inside... I can't help frowning again, what's going on here? The girl with light green hair stares at me with her eyes wide open when she notices my arrival and tilts her head pointing at the room. Vir seems worried, even scared, but I know she's not into drama usually and this means something very bad is happening here.

"Antares, I want an explanation. Now!" My cousin jumps from his chair startled, he may be a prestigious commander in my world but I'm the head of scientists and investigators so I outrank him... People working for me are the reason why our race is still alive and we don't let anybody to forget that fact.

"I eh... I've found my partner," he answers proudly. I raise my eyebrow in a silent question. "It's just that the girl... is a bit stubborn and she doesn't seem willing to collaborate... you know, she's a sceptic. I've tried to persuade her with all kind of reasonable arguments but I've failed..."

"And that's why you've decided that it'd a good idea to lock her up in that room with bright lights... Why is she leaning her head on the table and tries to hide her face with her arms?" I point at the door Vir seems to be guarding and my cousin blushes slightly. "How long she's been there?" I ask out of breath fearing the worst. The guy with the big belly stares at me scared and gets pale, his eyes travel from my violet and pink hair to my furrowed brow and my tattooed hands nonstop. We're talking in our language and he can't understand a word but it's pretty obvious we're fighting.

"Since yesterday lunchtime... but we let her go to the restroom a couple of times..." My cousin's answer leaves me speechless, I run my fingers through my short hair moving some steps feeling very upset while my assistants glare at the soldiers half in disbelief, half exasperated.

"Let me see if I understand this. The girl has a high rate of compatibility with you but she's extremely reluctant to accept your courting and you... lock her up in a room with bright lights on during a whole evening and night while explaining her what a catch you are again and again... And you want her to accept you willingly."

"It sounds like a bad idea when you say it like that..." the idiot admits.

"Really? Have you got her some breakfast at least?" I lean my hands on my hips, shaking my head wearily, I haven't slept much either. My cousin remains silent and a horrible idea makes its way through my mind. "Antares, have you given her food or water in all that time?" Awkward silence... soldiers try to look everywhere except at my face and Vir opens her eyes wide again and tilts her head towards the door with an abrupt movement... now I understand her concern. "Have you gone mad?!?!?!" My voice is almost a roar and everybody in this room moves a step back. I take a deep breath trying to cool down and turn around gesturing at one of my assistants, a pretty girl with green eyes and blueish hair. "Heze, come with me, please."