2 Days Ago

I stare at the e-mail.

West Coast Paradise.

I don't remember a place called West Coast Paradise. I am a successful businessman. I don't take vacations nor breaks.

Just naps.

Yeah naps. If I don't get my naps, then you'll get Grumpy CAT!

My curiosity got the best of me, and I opened the email. I read it rapidly like I'm running out of time. My eyebrows are raised. I just can't believe it.

"Oncie! I'm back, and I have such good news for you!" My mom bursts into my office like she usually does. I'm not in the mood of playing this game anymore.

"I don't want to hear it." I said as I turned my back towards as I stared at the window. I just realized that there are fewer trees now compared to last month.

"Oncie, but it's good news. I will help you maintain your status!" My mom raised her fake nice voice as she walked towards the other side of my desk. Gosh that desk is tacky. She hugged me, but I didn't hug her back. Something inside of me cracked, and it was not my spine. Something that meant to be cracked a long time ago.

I turned my chair once again in order to avoid her. My mom backed away and twitched her mouth like she always does when things do not get her way.

"I see you're a bit grumpy." She glanced at the overly unnecessary giant clock painted with useless luxurious metals. It marked noon. "It's almost lunchtime. Do you want to order McTruffle's or Little Barbaloot's Pizza or I-Hops or My..."

"I'm not hungry!" I cut her off.

"What's wrong Oncie?" She said in her motherly voice. How strange. In the past, she usually gets mad at me and slaps my head. Money sure does change people.

"I know what you've done." I turned my chair and face her.

"Done what Oncie?"

I got out of my chair and walked around the room. I just can't take this anymore.

"I just can't believe you would do something like this!"

"I... don't... understand." She hesitated as she covered her mouth with her palm.

"Stop acting so innocent!" I stopped and looked her in the eyes. "I know what you've done, and there is no turning back. I read that email!"

"What e-mail?" Her voice started to shiver.

I walked straight towards her as she shrunk herself in fear.

"West Coast Paradise. You bribed them in order to take Y/N away even though she never fit the requirements to go there." My shoulders are getting lighter and lighter. "And the worst part is that you lied to me! You convinced me to send her off!"

"But...I..."

I walked towards my desk and sat on that overly large chair. I'll probably give it away to Johnny Depp. He needs charity.

"I should have listened to her!"

"I did it for your own good Oncie." She said it with a plain look on her face. Her nice act is lost gone.

"I buy you everything you ever dream of! I always obeyed you, and this is how you treat me!" I lean on my desk. I am furious. All these years, I've been living under a leech. "I wonder what dad would think if he was alive?"

"Your dad is not dead."

"What? What do you mean he's not dead." I said. "Is this one of your other lies? You told me he died when I was 2 years-old."