Heart Broke

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Your shoes echo profoundly on the marble floor, as you walk through the dark chocolate-color hallway. The sunset shines through the gothic-inspired windows, as it shines on you rapidly like a firing beacon.

'I can't never get used to this big palace.' You thought. 'It's so lavish, yet it feels so empty and cold.' Your eyes inspect the high-detailed walls and ceiling. You just feel like you're in a museum.

'Doesn't feel warm and friendly as before.'

You hold the blue book tightly. You still carry it with you even though you stopped reading it a long time ago. It became unbearable to read it during these times.

You look straight ahead and finally see the tall wooden door.

Name shines in gold.

Bold but cold to touch.

You keep staring at your golden-hollow reflection. Unfortunetly, not everything is beautiful as it seems. As of today, you still have the taste of dark-chocolate in your mouth and it drives you crazy.

Ever since his big break, Onceler has always been working, in meetings, and traveling. However, he did promise to stop cutting the trees....

...but for how long?

But no matter what, you tried to not let the bad mood get to you. You keep on supporting him while your heart cries inside for you. You make him laugh, and you even taught him how to do some Fortnite dances while your conscience screams at everything every chance that it get.

You tried to advise him to do new things that doesn't result in destroying the ecosystem, but for some odd reason, his mom would interrupt you.

Phone calls, lunch delivery, unexpected meetings, etc.

It kinda like your F.B.I agent but worse.

You knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me."

"Come it!"

You open the door, and the first thing you see is him sitting on his fresh lacquer desk with a heavy pen on his hand. He seems stress yet eager at the same time as he's working hard on his plans. He wears his green suit, at first you weren't kind with the idea, but you got used to it.

"Knock Knock"

"Who's there?" You said.

"Britney."

"Britney who?"

"Knock Knock. Oops, I did it again!"

NARRATOR: Da Freak?