Forgive and Forget

After leaving Greenville Circle, Onceler finally put you down.

"What do you think you were doing back there?" He says harshly while both of his hands are wide open towards you like they're expecting a good excuse for your amusing action.

"What was I doing? I was standing up for you! These people weren't treating you with their quote unquote 'small town hospitality' so I thought why not return the favor?" You said sassily.

"That's great and all and I can see your good intentions but starting a tomato fight is not a good way to go!"

"It wasn't me who started the tomato fight. It was that girl. She threw the tomato at me first!" You said defensively.

Onceler covers his face with his hand and sigh.

"Y/N, she's only a little girl. She doesn't know any better." He says in a comforting soft tone.

"Yeah only a little girl that was about to break your guitar!" You said as you point at Onceler aggressively.

He takes a step back away as you just stand there with both of your arms on your sides.

Onceler doesn't reply back.

Nor did you.

There's no purpose of arguing.

You guys both knew.

So, no one says a word.

You can only hear the birds chirping and see the clouds passing by. You see the sunrise still shining behind Onceler, making it somehow difficult to see his face. Even though the sunshine diminishes most of his facial features, you can still see his warm deep ocean eyes full of optimistic and forgiveness.

Suddenly, you can feel the tears emerging from your eyes. You can feel your chest tight, trying to hold back the heart-rending emotion that's hungrily consuming you. It wasn't long til you started crying and slump down on your knees. You can already feel your face already damp and your eyes all puffy.

Onceler kneel down in order to see you face to face.

"Hey, hey it's okay..." He says with a gentle voice. "I appreciate everything that you have done for me."

"Including the tomato fight?" You whimper.

He gently holds your face with his both hands and wipes your tears with his thumbs.

"Yeah, including the tomato fight." He smiles calmly.

"Including the part when I kick the little girl..."

"That part I don't appreciate that much, but we'll discuss it another time..." Onceler laughs.

You chuckle a little. However, your small smile turns into a frown quickly.

"I just wish that people just treat you better. Is that too much to ask?"

You burst into tears again.

Onceler suddenly embrace you. You wrap your arms around his neck.

While he pats your back he says," It's okay that not everyone treats me with respect. I have you and the Lorax and his friends that does and that's enough."

You didn't say a thing. You try to stop yourself from crying.

"Besides, I'm used to this type of treatment."

You back away from his hug in order to see his face.

With a sad stare you say," Oh Onceler it pains me to hear you say that."