Before Fire; there's a Spark.

"I found a solution!" Alex stormed into his room as Zach flinched in the middle of reading his book. Basically an instant teleportation back to reality.

"Now what the fuck are you on about, Alex-" He sighs while shifted from laying position to sitting upright as he put the book down beside him.

"THIS" Alex chimes eagerly giving Zach a piece of paper‐‐ a flyer as he took it reluctantly.

"Band competition??" Zach asked in confusion. He looks at Alex hoping he would magically have any idea what he is talking about.

"Okay." Alex rolls his eyes as he sat on his bed directly infront of Zach.

"So the only way the Lambda Chi Alpha to take you back is by impressing them, right?" He started, making sure Zach follows through so far.

"- and logically by joining a big event from our course is technically one way to impress someone-- or some group. The perfect opportunity! " He continued proudly as the other guy was still so blank.

".. Okay? Aha. Right. And what makes you think Lambda Chi Alpha want to be impressed in the first place?" Zach gave him a perplexed look, still getting cautious about it.

"Oh. I simply asked them." Alex answered nonchalantly. Zach was quiet, licking his lower lips as he looks down.

"The thing is all we need to do is to get a full functioning band and we are set for the competition!" He explained before mindlessly taking the flyer back from Zach's.

"We? You did that? for me?" Zach asked. He is as taken aback as genuinely touched by the smaller guy.

A bare minimum one might say but coming from the guy that he was constantly in fight with, it can felt a bit poignant.

"Yeah, so I can get rid of you" Alex shrugs but can't help to slip a playful smile towards Zach.

"Ahh... of course" Zach rolls his eyes but can't help to chuckle too.

He glance at Alex as he's still focusing on the flyer but can't help to smile to himself.

...

"I'm not good at guitar man. I mean I know the basics??" Zach shook his head, hand on hips. The idea definitely sounds possible but now he was just worried.

"It's fine. I will tell you the strings around it. Besides, it's only one performance. Unless we got an encore which highly unlikely" Alex reassured as his eyes was still glued on his phone, busy texting.

"I mean.. where can we even practice?" Zach continue to ask as he sat next to Alex's on Alex's bed.

Alex flinched slightly when he realized Zach sat next to him.

"Umm what are you doing?" He asked, brows furrow looking back at Zach. Hello? Personal space?

"Well I just asked where are we gonna practice?" Zach answered blankly.

"I'm not-- well nevermind" Alex shrugs before facing back his phone. He's not even surprise anymore.

"Zach, I'm in the middle of finding our members" Alex type furiously in his phone.

"Oh okay.. who do you got?" Zach uttered, leaning his chin against his knuckles while looking at Alex. Alex side glance at him but internally awestruck. For a smaller guy, he thought it would be almost impossible for the other guy to even achieved being adorable but Zach proves him wrong. He shook the thought out of his head and clears his throat.

"Uh so I come up with Clay Jensen as the singer and I will play rhythm guitar aka the second guitarist whereas you will be playing lead guitar considering first guitarist always got the spotlight, in a band at least. Charlie St. George can be the bassist and that will left us with a drummer. Other than that, we are all set I guess" Alex shrugs as Zach nodded.

"There's Chloe?" Zach suggested considering she's his friend after all as Alex looks at him.

"Oh the miss perfect with heart eyes looking at you?" He mocked, rolling his eyes in the process.

"And why is that a problem??" Zach scoffed, irritated as Alex glares him before facing his phone once more. For once he didn't have any witty comeback.

He didn't even know why he blurted that at all, he barely knows Chloe and he's not that person who talk shits about someone he barely knew. Other than she annoys Jessica one time that she rant to Alex, but even then, that's not much to go with. Chloe is few of the popular people in class that's always full of energy and hanging around Zach.

Alex gets tense thinking that this probably have nothing at all to do with Chloe but more towards Zach.

Chloe Rice. She was petite in figure, cheerful energy and can be seen hanging around with Zach in class. She have blue eyes and ashy blonde hair.

 She have blue eyes and ashy blonde hair

( Chloe Rice, circa 2021 )

"She's not into me." Zach suddenly utter as Alex replied with "whatever" quietly.

The tension in that room gets a bit despicable as none of the boys want to acknowledge that there is something going on.

"Okay then. Chloe it is" Alex confirmed after a few minutes of silence between the boys as Zach just nodded.