That one Miranda Cosgrove song

"What's with the sudden celebration" Alex asked as he and Zach walks back towards their dorm.

The dim light and the quiet murmur of students around the campus is the only thing that surround them. It was already evening at the time so it wasn't surprising if most students probably already in their room.

"I think I kinda miss the partying and having fun in general. Vacation is the closest for partying in a way" Zach utter mindlessly, kicking pebbles as Alex bit his lips.

"You know that you are not forbidden to go to the college party right? You just don't live in that campus" Alex shrugs.

There's this gut-wrenching feelings in Alex for some reason. He wasn't even sure what it was. 

"It's fine. You'll be there soon after we won the competition" Alex uttered as Zach stops his track "-If we win" Zach corrected.

"I'll make sure we won so I can get rid of you!" Alex suddenly spats out getting defensive as Zach looks at him dumbfounded.

"Wait- No- I didn't mean it like that" Zach stammers.

"Mean like what? That have been the planned the whole time!" Alex argues.

"Then why are you mad?" Zach scoffed as Alex seems snapped out of it.

Without a word he then leaves Zach behind and walks away from him.

"Alex..."

"Alex!" Zach called out but couldn't move a muscle as he watch Alex disappear in the night. He was dumbfounded for a moment. Sure, that's the planned in the first place but now that they're friends, even more crushes. Is that what they have? He wasn't even sure. Not even sure what Alex actually feels about him. Everything was a smokescreen. A blur. 

Only after few minutes that he manage to walk back again, in silence with only the sound of his footsteps accompany him.

....

Zach looks at the dial number on his phone while leaning against his bedframe before the door room starts to open.

"Hey" Alex greeted quietly as Zach glance at the door then back looking at his phone. It wasn't anything really on the screen, just looking at Alex's number for a while and contemplating to call him- or not since he's already here. Zach then change his screen to scrolling through his Instagram feed instead.

"Where were you last night?" Zach asked without looking up. Alex then proceeds to walk towards his wardrobe and starts to packing up for their vacation.

"at Charlie's" Alex answered shortly.

Zach looks at Alex, getting furious at first on how casual he answers that when Zach has been restless all night. He decides to takes in deep breath instead as Alex was expecting another fight to erupt between them.

"I mean you could've told me. I was worried" Zach utters looking back to his phone as Alex looks at him, slightly weirded out.

That is not the reaction he thought he would get from Zach. The room then gets quieter than ever.

He then sigh before approaching Zach and sat on the edge of the his bed just beside him as Alex face him.

"You know. I'm sorry. I should've been happy for you. I'm an as-" Alex started before he was cut off by sudden hand placed on both sides of his cheek as Zach pulled him closer before crashing their lips together.

Alex heart stop beating.

Everything seems to stop.

Zach kissed him. wtf.

His mind was still processing what was happening but he smoothly deepens the kiss. Tenderly kissing back, savoring the moment before Zach parted the kiss, slowly opening his eyes glancing towards Alex's lips before looking up back to his eyes. Then panic starts to shot in his nerves.

"Shit."

"Oh SHIT-" He stammers before releasing Alex as Alex was still in dazed

"I- shit I'm sorry" He continue to stammer as his face went full on red.

"Zach... " Alex utters quietly. He was also speechless. 

"I- I gotta go-" Zach abruptly mutter before clumsily jumping away from his bed while trying to rush-leave the room.

"Zach!" Alex yelled out but now it was his turn, unable to move as his face start to turn red.

no way.

NO ABSOLUTE WAY.

DID WE JUST-???

Alex then proceeds to covers his face with his palm and make inaudible yell to himself.

"What the fuck. Zach just kissed me" Alex repeatedly thought to himself as the butterflies in his gut being violently hyper. A contrast to what he was feeling last night.