All the thing she said

"Hey Zach, can I hitch a ride home with you?" Chloe asked as she's taking off one side of her headphone.

"Oh yeah, sure. Alex-" Zach muttered before Alex cut him off. "-yeah I'm going with Charlie" Currently, they both stop using the earphone and are messing with the guitar instead.

"You do?" Charlie asked blankly as he looks back at Alex and getting a glare before quickly agreeing. "Oh yeah. I'm definitely giving him a ride home" Charlie mutters trying to sound convincing.

"Wait I thought you-" Zach whispered toward Alex as he shushed him.

"Don't be a dick and give Chloe a ride home, Dempsey" Alex scoffed in his whisper as Zach looks at him unamused and back facing Chloe "Yeah, of course".

Chloe then smiles and put her headphone back in its place before start  beating up the drum again. Seeing Chloe is back on her things again Zach then looks back to Alex.

"What? Are you gonna pull a heroic romantic shit on me or something?" He started to smirks as Alex rolls his eyes, annoyed by the other boy.

"No. I am saving myself from barfing in your backseat, dickhead" Alex added trying to explain himself which comes out as a mocking.

"Yeah. Sure you do" Zach muttered unbothered because Alex being defensive about it is saying enough. Alex just shook his head in annoyance.

...

After a while, Zach take out his phone from his backpocket and check the time before putting it back in his pocket. He then stands up and pull up his bag from the ground, over his shoulder.

"Okay then. See you, in our room" Zach said sheepishly, stressing on the word 'our'.

"Fuck off Zach" Alex scowled, getting redface as he looks around and saw both Charlie and Clay look at them as Zach raised his hand in defeat and chuckles.

Sometimes Alex wonder, do Zach even think when he talks because clearly he's a dumbass. Even then it still makes Alex blush and this feeling that he have whenever Zach do something like this is something he have been shrug off for too long.

He glance again at Zach as he gave him these small smile and then Alex felted it again, the feelings.

"Let's go Chloe" Zach tapped on the drum and walks out. Chloe then rush taking off the headphones and took her bag with her, before catching up to Zach.

....

"Sorry for ruining the 'Zach and Alex' moment" Chloe muttered, doing the air quote thing with her hand as she raise her eyebrow a bit.

"What does that even mean?" Zach scoffs while still focusing on the road.

"You like him?" Chloe blurted out as Zach suddenly hit the brakes.

"Whoa! Shit! Zach" She scowled, in a shock from sudden jumped.

"Oh god- I'm so sorry! Shit! Are you‐ are you okay??" Zach panicked after registering the whole situation, making sure Chloe is okay as the car dies down.

"You are trying to run away from the question" She turn to look at him as he clear his throat looking away.

"uh no?" He said shortly afterwards. She stays quiet and face the front.

"I mean.. I don't know" He suddenly added as they both look at each other but the silence afterward is loud.

"Do you think about him all the time?" She starts to ask, breaking the silence.

"Well technically we are roommates so like I see him all the time-   I see what you're trying to do Chloe and it's won't-" Zach rolled his eyes before Chloe cuts him off "-Do you saw a meme and think of him right away?"

"I mean yeah sure but that doesn't mean anything. He's so meme related-"

"-Do you laugh at yourself thinking about him?"

"Well I do that when I think of all the shit Justin do too so that doesn't count-"

"What the things that he do that irritates you"

"Jeez Chloe.. you mean everything? Like shit- he keeps on putting this clip on his hair whenever he reads or studying and because his hair is too long like just use a fucking headband or the way he drinks three cups of coffee at night so he can focus on his study and can't sleep later but still do it again the next day-" Zach starts to rant but chuckles after remembering the time he swap Alex's drink to soy sauce.

"-you jerk off of him." She suddenly blurts out as Zach look at her in disbelief. "that... that's personal! Also what the fuck Chloe" He scowled as his face flushed slightly.

"I love that you're being defensive over it instead of a simple no" She chuckles as he roll his eyes.

"Can you start the car now" She sighs as Zach nodded.

"Yeah- sorry" He answered before starting the cars.

"So you like him is what you're trying to say" Chloe muttered.

"I just gave you a whole list on why he irritates me-" He sighs as now it's her turn to roll her eyes.

"Yeah but you can give me that list in three hours if I didn't cut you off, Zachy. Hate to break it to you buddy but it seems like you kinda like him" She ended as Zach gets quiet.

"Well.. either way I think you should tell him that I like girls and actually have a girlfriend which is also a friend of yours" She added as Zach looks at her confused. "Why would I tell him that when he didn't even ask?" He scoffs. "Make it seems like I wanted to tell him that you know?" he added as she looks at him in disbelief.

"Ugh Men..." She utters to herself, frustrates.

...

They arrived at Omega sorority as Zach parked near the entrance. Chloe then took off her seatbelt and get off the car before closing the door and peek at him through the car's window.

"Zachary.. You should man up before the bassist stole your man" Chloe muttered, giving him a word of advice and such.

"What- Charlie?" He chuckles then shook his head. "I mean he's a nice good looking guy sure but nahh" Zach said confidently.

"I saw him eyeing Alex the whole time" She smiles at him before turning around and about to leave.

"Also you just admit that Alex is your man" She yells out before laughing and half run towards the main entrance.

"That bitch-" He shook his head before chuckles and drive away back to his dorm.

....

"You and Chloe have been taking your time" Alex uttered the first thing Zach arrived to their room, not looking away from the book he's reading while front hair being clipped.

Zach took a glance at Alex before closing the door and can't help but to chuckles at the clipped hair that reminds him of his conversation with Chloe earlier.

"What? Are you jealous or something?" Zach started to tease instead as he hang his coat but get the silent treatment from the smaller guy.

"She's my friend, that's all" He added even though he have no reason to do so but felt the need to reassure Alex about it.

Alex barely looks up and stay focused on his book but his brow was lifted for a moment, which was as close as roll eyes but more like an unconvinced 'okayy..'

"So what about you and Charlie?" He asked as Alex put his book down.

"What about him?" He asked confused.

"You guys seems closed" Zach said as he jump on the top of his bed before lean sideways to face Alex.

"It will be none of your fucking business" Alex mocked before continue to put the book back on his face.

Zach rolled his eyes and about to reply something back before Alex speak up.

"He's my friend, that's all" He muttered copying Zach earlier as Zach chuckles to it. Alex ended up smiling too behind his book.