The girl with the curl hair

Zach did not want the group to take a hint, not Alex nor even Chloe, about Charlie confession shenanigans. 

When Charlie caught looking at him he can only smiles back but he have to hold back every ounce of his fiber to not fleeing the scene and run back home even. Zach was never that good at confrontation, especially rejecting someone. He never have to in the first place. He was always the one on the other line.

...

They were all getting ready to go to the beach. Zach then walks out from the bathroom with the only one that wear only shorts. It's a bit funny he never care what he wear before but then he walks to the room and saw Clay in a red tee with shorts, as both Charlie and Alex eyeing him. He suddenly felt too expose before putting on a loose tank top. Charlie was wearing a  shorts and unbuttoned t shirt as Alex wears a black tee with shorts.

Chloe then opened the door before gasping "Oh my god. you guys dressed like a het" she mutters before covering her mouth as Sheri was there pretending to calm her down. Sheri was dressed in yellow bikini with scarf wrapped on her waist and a black sunglasses on top of her head tucking her hair underneath whereas Chloe were wearing black bikini set with straw hats and silk blue robe layered and straw hats. 

"I am a hetero!" Clay points out as the others look at him. Another chuckles was heard from the group before they make their way to the beach.

...

"Isn't that the girl you were eyeing before" Chloe pointed out at a girl that Clay talks about back in the lobby. She was seen wearing this straw hats, with black tank top and floral skirts while walking around alone near the ocean.

"Okay? And??" He scoffs, trying to sound unbothered but still looking at her. 

"Zach why don't you ask her" 

"Huh?" Zach was caught off guard as he shift to look at Alex. This suddenly felt like a natural reflex at this point for him. It's like he's secretly needed to have Alex approval and they were not even a thing. Are they?

Alex looks him back but didn't say anything. 

"You like her so you should talk to her. Come on I'll help you out" Zach suggested as he lead towards the girl which Clay hesitates at first but follow afterwards. Leaving the rest of them watching from afar.

"What do you think is gonna happen?" Charlie chimes in still looking at the two of them.

"Nothing. Best case scenario, Clay will talk to the girl." Chloe utters.

....

"Hi! I'm Zach and this is my friend Clay" Zach started after approaching her as she was a bit flustered, tucking her curly hair behind her ears which was a bit pointless when the wind keeps moving it back to its initial position.

"I'm Hannah. Nice to meet you Zach and his friend Clay" She grins at the introduction, looking at each one of them as they both chuckles. Zach glance at Clay then back to her.  

"So  my friend here wanna get to know you better and it's fine if you don't want to but do you wanna hang out with us?" Zach utter being straightforward as Clay slapped the back of his shoulder. 

"He wasn't serious about the first part" Clay tries to cover up as Zach mouthing an 'ow' towards him, rubbing his back slightly. "But yeah do you wanna hang out with us?" He added still even though being flustered by it.

"I- well I'd love too" She chuckles at them before looking back at two grown figure just behind her which they assume would be her parents, "Can you guys give me a moment. I have to tell my parents" She excused herself as they watch her leaves.

"Ouch?" Zach whined, knowing Hannah was out of hearing reach.

"I don't tell Alex that you like him, do I?" Clay mocked, squinted his eyes towards Zach.

"What?? No I don't." Zach replies back, being defensive as he side eyes towards Clay which Clay replies with an unimpressed look. Yeah, maybe he realized now he was being too straightforward, but his mind at the moment was just not at the right headspace.

"Come on. Really? I'm not that dumb" Clay adds in again and rolls his eyes in the process.

After few seconds squinting his eyes at Clay while figuring the 101 ways of putting him down, Zach then sighs. "Fine. Yes. I kinda like him" He start to confess then look back at the others from afar then towards Hannah who is still picking her stuff up before looking back at Clay.

"Hah! Not so clueless after all" Clay mutters to himself, getting a bit proud of himself.

"Okay well now that you know that- I- I sorta have a problem" He started sheepishly.

"What?" Clay asked curious, getting closer so he didn't miss it.

"Charlie confess he likes me earlier-" Zach started in one breath as he then proceed to look at Clay with his eyebrow tied close together. concerned. Clay then widen his eyes simultaneously with his mouth wide ajar. "Like confess, confess? or CONFESS! confess?"

"What the difference-" he was about to ask before stopping himself. "like he likes me kinda confession"

"w-wow. I did not see that coming-" Clay shook his head before looking up at Zach. "So what are you gonna do about it?"

"Well for now I'm just gonna have to avoid him, you know" Zach stated then crossed his arms together. This pose is his official thinking state.

"That doesn't seem wise" Clay then crossed his arms as well. Probably because Zach does it so much that it gets contagious.

"Yeah I know- but-" He stammers before he saw Hannah walking towards them as he just drop it right there and then which made Clay look at him with his brow furrows until he notice Hannah approach them.

"Alright. I'm ready" She smiles cheekily as they smiles back towards her and lead her to the group. The three of them then approach the rest as they smile towards her. 

"Hey, I am Sheri and this is my girlfriend Chloe. Then there's Charlie and Alex" Sheri started as she point towards each one of them while introducing them. Of course Sheri would, she's the most easygoing person in the group. Didn't take her much to be able to have convo with the rest of the squad earlier.

"Hey" Chloe smile cheekily as Charlie raise his hand towards Hannah and goes "hello! I'm Charlie". Alex only raise his hand and gave her a small smile.  

"I'm Hannah. Hannah Baker!" She greets all of them.