Part 11

Lizzie and I get abruptly woken up by my alarm blurting out. We don't normally set an alarm when we stay in each others rooms unless one of us has an early lecture which is normally very rare. However due to it being Gerry's birthday we both wanted to be awake before she went to her lectures.

The two of us race to the kitchen, Lizzie holding the joint present me and her had got Gerry. Naomi and Fern were up a little earlier than us two and had decorated the living room very basically with a couple of banners and confetti on the table leaving the party stuff for Lizzie to do later when Ed comes to help.

I filled the kettle and put it on as Lizzie went to help the other two with the finish touches in the living area. I grabbed five mugs from the cupboard above the kettle and set them out and placed a tea bag in each one. The kettle had finished boiling as I heard a door close from the corridor. I look through the little thin window of the kitchen fire door and give the birthday girl a big smile as we met eyes.

As the door opened I handed Gerry her mug of tea as everyone cheered happy birthday. She headed over to the sofas where everyone else was sat and I followed passing Fern and Naomi their mugs before returning to the kitchen area to collect mine and Lizzies. I held the top of Lizzies mug so she could grab the handle without burning her hands on the side of the mug. She held the handle as I gave her a soft wink and sat beside her.

Lizzie passed over the neatly wrapped box to Gerry. She eagerly unwrapped the card and read it out loud.

'Oh my god, thank you Ing and Lizzie' Gerry squealed as she had unwrapped the box and was admiring the bracelet that the two of us had gotten her. Gerry came over to us both and pulled us into a hug before then holding her wrist out to me to signal she wanted help putting the bracelet on. I did up the clasp and Gerry went on to open her other presents.

'So table is booked for 7:30, so we will leave here around 7ish? and Lizzie are you sure you can't make it' Gerry questioned with a pout as she was rushing through the door not wanting to be late for her 9:30 lecture.

'I'll make it up to you' Lizzie called after Gerry knowing full well that she could attend the meal but needed to be at the flat for when people arrived and to help Ed set up.

The day went pretty quickly, Lizzie and I had no university today so we went on a little stroll around town and down to the docks. Once we got back up we chilled in my room for a bit talking about the party.

'Remember you are showing me that dance from Mamma Mia tonight' Lizzie giggled as we both went to lie on my bed.

'You think this is a joke? I will show you honestly' I giggled back whilst pulling her into me as I was in need of a little nap as I knew this evening was going to be a long one.

When I eventually woke up I noticed the time and it was time to get ready for Gerry's birthday meal. Knowing that it will spoil the surprise for Gerry's surprise party the rest of the flat had decided not to dress up as the theme but instead where what we would normally where to a meal out. Lizzie had picked out my outfit which I slid into quickly as I was weary about the time. Lizzie curled my hair as I put a bit of light make up on.

'What do you think?' I smiled as I got up from my stool by my mirror.

'Perfect' Lizzie smiled before closing the gap between us. This kiss had a lot more passion than normal with our tongues dancing together. One hand slid down her side bringing her closer to me and the other to the side of her face guiding the rhythm of the kiss.

'INGRID COME ON ITS 7!' Shouted Naomi with a bang on my bedroom door. We broke away and both smiled at each other. I pointed at my face to silently ask Lizzie if my makeup had smudged and she held two thumbs up to let me know it was fine. I threw my room key at Lizzie before putting a finger up to my mouth to tell her to be quiet in case Gerry was with Naomi outside my door.