Part 26

The last few days have been extremely hard, because of the time difference me and Lizzie began to find it hard to have a proper phone call. It's Christmas Eve, I'm back in my family home. My siblings have flown back over from Australia where they moved out to a few years ago.

I am trying to give as much attention to my family as possible especially as we all haven't been together in around five years but I can't help let my mind get lost in my thoughts about Lizzie.

My phone buzzed with a notification from instagram, I quickly unlocked hoping it was an update from Lizzie.

LizzieOlsen89 and 12 others liked@TherealEd : Last min parties with these two party animals to finish the semester 🍻

@TherealEd : Last min parties with these two party animals to finish the semester 🍻

It was a picture of me, Ed and Naomi as we were the last three to leave university two days ago we decided to go all out on our night out. I liked the post and noticed Lizzie has liked it but we haven't spoke today. I decided to double message to make sure that she hadn't missed my notification from a few hours before.
I then go back to scrolling on instagram totally ignoring my family bickering over what Christmas film we were going to watch.
I suddenly stopped.

67 likes @RobbieArnett and 5 others tagged@LizzieOlsen89 - Back with the LA kids showing them how the British taught me to party!

67 likes
@RobbieArnett and 5 others tagged
@LizzieOlsen89 - Back with the LA kids showing them how the British taught me to party!

I double click on the photo, it's nice to see her enjoying herself and catching up with her friends back there. I was completely dismissing any negative feelings I had because there was no actual reason for me to be worrying.

What seemed to be hours of bickering my sister, Hailey finally decided on Elf.
"Oh this is so boring!" My brother, Henry sighed. The way they acted you would not believe they are both 5 years older than me. It was getting to around 10pm in UK time and I had still heard nothing back from my American. Then just as I was about to make a drink, my phone started to ring. Her face lit my screen as well as my mood.

"I'll be back in a second" I explained to my family and went to my room.
"Hi Angel!" I squealed as I saw her face on my screen. We had a general conversation, Lizzie explaining how she met up with people from high school and how she met some of their friends. She kept mentioning a boy named Robbie but I kept dismissing my thoughts because I knew it was my overthinking and I don't want to ruin what we've got by saying something without thinking.