Part 32

The next day, my head pounded as I woke up, sunlight beaming into my room. I sighed as I replayed all of last nights events in my mind.
I found it odd that I hadn't been disturbed by anyone. I understood I left the party and told them I didn't want to talk to anyone but normally no one respects when I'm in this kind of mood and still pester me.

I slide my phone from under my pillow and go to unlock it but notice there's no charge, which now makes sense why I hadn't been disturbed. I clicked my phone to charge and get up to wash and brush my teeth. I can feel the hangover beginning to form but normally freshening up tends to help. I was halfway through brushing my teeth when I heard my bedroom door open. Toothbrush still in hand I popped my head around the door frame of my en suite to see who it was. Lizzie. She caught eye with me. I leant to the sink and finished the task of brushing my teeth before acknowledging her.

"Listen we need to talk" Lizzie was sat on my bed.
"And I thought I said last night I can't deal with any of this at the moment" I wiped my mouth with my towel before walking back into my room.
"But Ingrid it's important" Lizzie exclaimed as I reached over to my dresser picking up my hair tie and brush.
"Again, Lizzie I can't cope with all of this" I began to feel myself get extremely annoyed, angry even. A side of me I tend not to show. I scrapped my hair back into a messy bun, securing it with the hair tie.
"Can we do something tonight? So that we can talk all these things through?" Lizzie pleaded.

"I know I'm talking now because I can hear myself, so why aren't you listening" I opened the door signaling for her to leave
"Ingrid, something is clearly wrong, we need to talk" I ignored her staring in the direction of the door.
"I will be waiting outside at 7:30" she wouldn't take no for an answer and then walked off.

As she left me, I shook my head in disbelief. I wasn't in the mood to talk things out. I knew we weren't in a good place and now we were going out in public to talk about how things aren't good!. I knew how stubborn Lizzie could be so I knew I had to go tonight.

I change into some joggers and a hoodie. I was in need of comfort.
I sighed as I lied down, my thoughts began to wander and kept leading me to get angry. I would scan the walls of my room in thought and my eyes would meet a picture of me and Lizzie, my thoughts lead to bad thoughts about me and her. Then my eyes would meet to a picture of me and Naomi and I got annoyed at how she was having secretive conversations with Cara the night before. She must of had something to do with the outburst. Then a photo of Cara and myself came into view, I got annoyed how I trusted her with my feelings and how she just spilt them not just to Lizzie but the crowds of people that watched them argue.

I felt clostaphobic with my thoughts in my room so I decided to leave and walk over the one of the rehearsal rooms.

I sit myself behind a piano, notebook open and pen behind my ear ready to write anything down that I come up with. I put my fingers on the keys and try to play but I hated everything I tried to play. I rested my forehead on the cold keys. How the fuck has everything gone so wrong. I heard the door open but I kept my head down. The person pulled a stool next to me and rubbed my back. I looked to me side, it was Cara with a sad smile.

"Don't give me that look" I spoke out. Cara was giving me the look as if she was completely right in what she had done the night before.
"Ok, I apologise. I shouldn't have said what I did. Especially not when you two seemed to be on good terms and even more so when it was in front of a load of people" she confessed. I turned my head downwards and rested it back on the cold keys.

"You know what you need to let your guard down" she pipped up after there was about ten minutes of silence.
"My guard?" I questioned back.
"Yeah, I know you're scared" she replied.
"Scared?" This conversation was now starting to wind me up.