Part 19

The next day I woke up a dry sore throat from smoking the night before. I slid out of bed as careful as I could in need of some water to aid my aching voice. I made my way to the kitchen and made myself a glass of water and a tea for Lizzie before walking back to the bedroom. Other than my sore throat I felt a lot better than the night before. Having a plan made me feel more secure mentally. 

'I wondered where you went' Lizzie yawned as I entered the room to her stretching her arms out. I walked around her side of the bed and placed her tea on the bedside table. She thanked me as I returned to my side of the bed with my water. 

'Sore throat?' She questioned as I took a sip from my water. I nodded as I took a gulp of my water which made a stinging sensation as it went down my throat. 

'What time are we meeting your sisters?' My voice was hoarse. After I finished speaking I tried to clear my voice. 

'Around 11:30 at theirs' Lizzie replied as she took her tea and phone off the side table.

'Plenty of time then' My voice sounded better have clearing my throat, at this point is was only 9 so we were in no rush to get up. I rested my head against the headboard and closed my eyes as Lizzie put some morning tunes on the speaker. My body felt completely as ease.

'Hey baby, Sean had emailed me a bit more around the story' I opened my eyes to Lizzie's excited voice, her phone was pushed against my face. I took the slim phone from her hands and fiddled to my bedside table to reach from my glasses. I normally wear contacts but you aren't meant to wear them to see so I needed my glasses as an aid to read the tiny phone screen. 

'Martha Marcy May Marlene' I read allowed from her email, then turned to Lizzie and raised my eyebrow in interest. I then scrolled down to see a brief description of what the storyline is. 'A 22-year-old woman named Martha has been living as a member of a cult the Catskill mountains  for some time. The charismatic cult leader, Patrick, granted her the name Marcy May upon her initiation. Eventually, she decides to flee and escapes into the woods, arriving at a nearby town. In a diner, she is confronted by Watts, a cult member, who attempts to persuade her to return, but she refuses. Martha calls her sister Lucy, who picks her up and takes her to the vacation lake house in that she shares with her husband, a successful and wealthy architect named Ted. The story follows Martha through flashbacks, nightmares and paranoia after returning to her family.'

'Sounds intense Lizzie' I pass her phone back after reading the storyline. 

'Very intense as I will be playing Martha' She replied before locking her phone and putting it back on the side table and then coming to lie against my chest. 

'I am excited to have such an interesting role as my first' She turned her head so she can look at me and I let my fingers get tangled in her hair.  

'Yeah you will really get to test your skills won't you' Arching my top half over so I could kiss her head and then leant back and continued to play with her hair as I could see it was relaxing her. I didn't really have a lot of knowledge to acting so I said what I could for the remained of the conversation. 

'You familiar with any other people who will be in the film?' I questioned. 

'I have never met any of them before. I have heard of a couple she replied as she sat up to get her tea from the side. 

'Sarah Paulson is my older sister' She continued after a gulp of tea. I need a few moments before I realised who she meant as the link between famous names and faces wasn't. I nodded my head as I knew who she was on about. 

'John Hawkes is playing the cult leader' She explained but I couldn't put a name to the face.

'You know we watched that film the other night with Jennifer Lawrence in?' Lizzie tried to remember the name of the film.