Part 29

Weeks past and things between me and Lizzie were not getting better but also not worse. We would be great, talking or on a walk and all of a sudden she would have to be back for a phone call or would be late because she was on FaceTime. She would never tell me who is was just kept the vague reply of 'my friend from home" everytime I questioned.

I made petty attempts to get attention. Even trying to make her jealous by saying I've formed a band or tried to brag how fun my band practice was; but I got no reaction.

In other news, everytime these phone calls happen me and Cara have been meeting up and rehearsing together. We have started to write songs together and sometimes her flatmates Alex and Nick tag along. They both play the guitar and drums and Alex is also brilliant when it came to lyrics. In a way, a little band began to form and I absolutely loved it especially as we could basically all play each others instruments so some songs Alex would sign and the rest of us play, other times I would sing. We tried out so many different genres and it brought me so much happiness.

Cara had managed to book us a gig in the guild again. Nick and Alex had agreed to preform with us, so we could see reactions of all our different songs. I had informed all my friends, Lizzie and Ed because I really wanted to hear what their opinions were, especially as I had now stopped practicing at home, so it will be a big surprise for them all.

It soon came to the Saturday night of my bands performance. Extremely last minute we came up with the name, Wanderlust.

"It's so mysterious" Naomi smirked as I reminded her as I quickly entered the kitchen to make a drink for a bit of Dutch courage.
"Wanderlust" she repeated again, Gerry sat across this kitchen table doing jazz hands at her.
"Alright! Stop taking this piss" I chuckled.
"No no, we aren't! It's just so fun... wanderlust" Gerry began to join in, we all laughed along.
"Oh whatever, I'm going to have to go" I gulped the rest of my drink.
"7pm start right and we are meeting the others there?" Gerry double checked.
"Yes that's it! And you, please don't try to kill Lizzie" I aimed my comment at Naomi.
"Only if she full concentrate on you, everything will be fine for her" I rolled my eyes at her before leaving.

I run to the guild noticing I am a tiny bit late. When I arrived I was greeted by the other three bandmates setting up their instruments.
"Hey your late! Forfeit!" Nick shouted from the stage.
"I know I know!" I held my arms up, with my two guitar cases in my hand. One for my acoustic guitar and the other for my electric.
I climbed up the stage and placed my cases down and the glass got held in front of my face by Nick.
Our band agreement was that whoever was late had to down god knows how much alcohol.
I grabbed the glass out of his hand and gulped it, the liquid burning my throat.

"Jesus!" I gasped as I set the glass back down on the stage. I took a stance and opened my two cases and began to set up my two guitars. Before long the host said they are ready to open the doors, we moved back stage to have a chat. I peeked around the curtain trying to spot certain faces. I caught a glimpse of Lizzie talking to Ed and Gerry and no sign of a phone which looked hopeful I thought to myself.

"Right Ladies and Gents, here are Wanderlust!" We all walked on to stage. Gave a quick wave and instantly got our instruments. We were starting with take me out. The lights dimmed a tiny bit and Alex counted us in as he was leading the singing in the first song.
We all instantly began to play. Me and Cara playing guitar and bass, Nick on drums and Alex by the microphone.

A/N - Alexa play, Take me out by Franz Ferdinand
"So if you're lonely, you know I'm here waiting for you!" Alex began to sing. The crowd began to clap in the rhythm of Nick playing the drums. I kept watching Cara play to keep our rhythm similar.
As the first verse finished, it was time for my leading riff. Cara smiled at me before I looked down to double check my fingering. After the first chord played I looked up at her and smirked.  I then had to repeat the riff again before the chorus, the second time I played up to the crowd. I could hear my friends cheering as I gave them a quick smile and Lizzie a quick wink. Hoping to keep her occupied. She blush and smiled back. I then went back to playing with Cara, occasionally swaying for the remainder of the song.

College Days [Elizabeth Olsen]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara