Part 27

The past two weeks have pulled on my heart strings so much. The lack of not speaking as much to Lizzie but her frequent posting of her socialising made me extremely anxious of her coming back rather than excited. However today is the day and I agreed as her loving girlfriend to pick her up from the airport.

I again borrow Ed's mini as I don't bring my car to uni. I headed to the nearest supermarket and picked a bunch of flowers and made my way to the airport. I got to the airport half an hour earlier than her flight was due so decided to get myself a coffee. Before I knew it was time to stand at arrivals to greet Lizzie.

I held my breath as people started to lead out. I felt the palms of my hand begin to sweat. Finally there she is. I gave her a big wave and the concerned look on her face dropped into a smile. She was once again wearing my hoodie she stole before leaving. As she got nearer, she picked up in speed and finally leaped into my arms. I took a big inhale of her sense before I beamed up at her.

"Ingrid! I have missed you so so much" Lizzie squealed before planting a kiss on my lips. What was I even worried about!
The car journey back to university was us catching up on the little things. I mostly fed back on how my music was going and I got to tell her my exciting news that I have been offered a small gig in the student union, that evening.

"Oh my god that's so exciting! I can't wait to hear you!" She responded to my news.
"I know, I hope that it will help me recruit some band members. Like I can play the guitar, drums and piano but not all at the same time"
"And sing! You can definitely sing!" Lizzie reminded me. Making me chuckle.
"How many songs are you doing?" She continued.
"3 all together. Cigarette daydream, Saturday Sun and lost without you"
"You've been busy since I've gone writing all of those!" She chimed.
"So have you by the looks of things" I regretted as soon as I started, especially with the tone I said it in. Lizzie looked taken back at my comment.
"That wasn't meant to come out like that" I retracted what had been said. But the atmosphere still stood awkward.

"It's nice that you've been able to meet up with your friends" I again attempted to save my arse. But instead I think I made matters worse for myself.
"Yeah I haven't seen a lot of them in a while and good to meet new people too" Lizzie dug back.

We soon arrived back at the campus, I lifted Lizzie's cases out of the back of Ed's car and walked them over to her flat following her. It has near enough been silence since our previous conversation.

"Are you hungry? Want to grab some food?" I questioned. Lizzie still had a pissed of look at me.
"I'm good, you should probably practice before your big night" she gave me the cold shoulder.
I knew Lizzie and I knew when like this not to prod too much and to let her have some space.
"Will I see you there?" I turned back before opening the door.
"Of course, we just need a moment before something happens" Lizzie sighed. I understood and left the room.

I knock on Ed's door and throw him the keys. I then made sure that he and the rest of the flat made sure Lizzie came tonight as I started to doubt if she would.

I headed over to the guild where my performance was going to take place that evening. I was able to go backstage to the piano to practice, I was able to play lost without you fully by heart with the amount of times I have played through the holidays. My other two songs were guitar based so I headed back to my flat to practice them two songs.

The time passed quickly, it was only two hours before performance time. I quickly had a shower and changed into a green blazer and mom jeans trying to achieve a smart but casual look. I took my guitar and walked out my door. My three housemates greeted me and wished me luck telling me they will be there shortly.

After setting up the hall I was playing in started to fill. I watched to see who I recognised but still waited for the one I desired most to see. Lizzie. I felt like she needed to hear all these lyrics I thought.
I spotted my housemates funnelling through the audience due to Naomi claiming her fame of knowing me, they managed to get to a table near the front. They were closely followed by Lizzie and Ed. Then last to sat down was Jess and Rose. I gave the man who was introducing me a nod and he went out on to stage.

"Right guys, performing 3 of her own songs is our very own, Ingrid!" I heard a massive round of applause. I walked out with my guitar handing from my neck and gave everyone a quick wave.

"Hi everyone, as you've just found out I'm Ingrid!" There was a few cheers.
"That's my girl!" Lizzie screamed which made me laugh.

I started with Cigarette Daydream that went down really well. Better than I thought it would. I occasionally made eye contact with Lizzie, this was her first time hearing it properly.
Every so often I could see her taking pictures or videos. I imagine she had been warned by Ashley and MK to take them.
"My main inspiration for a lot of these songs is my girlfriend! Lizzie Olsen. Especially this next one" The next song was Saturday Sun. I finished my little monologue and began to strum.

A/N : have a little rest and listen to Saturday Sun by Vance Joy.

The song came to an end and the crowd went crazy. I looked over to Lizzie and she looked up at me lovingly. I felt like it had mended my earlier mistake.

"Okay so my last one for you guys, can you have a gig without a slow one?" I walked to put my guitar in its holder and walked over to the piano. I let my fingers slip on to the keys. Before lowering my mouth the microphone.

"This is lost without you" I look over the Lizzie, who is looking over eagerly for another song she hasn't heard yet.

"Standing on the platform watching you go,
It's like no other pain. I've ever known.
To love someone so much to have no control.
You said you want to see the world and I said go."
I closed my eyes as I sang. I'm not too sure which one of them I am even singing this about.

"But I think I'm lost without you, I just feel crushed without you. I've been strong for so long, that I never thought how much I needed you" I begin to feel tears in my own eyes yet I fight them off. The next chorus was definitely inspired by the comfort given to me by Lizzie, I opened my eyes to look at her when I sang the next part.

"You were the only safe haven that I know, hits me at full speed, feel like I can't break." But Lizzie is looking at her phone. Then she holds the phone to her ear as if she is talking to someone. I keep playing however completely hurt. I was trying to sing to her, basically spilling my whole feelings out and there she was pushing through the audience.

"Standing on the platform watching you go, you said you want to see the world and I said ... go" I played the last note. I was fighting back the tears. I took a bow, waved and walked off and made a beeline to the table of my friends. They all tried to congratulate me on my performance but I only had one thing on my mind.

"Where did she go?" I questioned. I felt so disappointed.

"Let's get some air" Ed suggested, making a path through the audience for me to get out, loads of people complimenting as I walked past.
"Here" he passed me a cigarette and lighter as we reached the exit.

I lit the cigarette and took a large inhale. I thought as I held the breath in, but as I was thinking I could hear an American accent, my American's accent. Having a laugh with someone on the other line.
Ed saw my face dropped as he also noticed the same time as me. The phone call probably could have waited but instead something took priority.

"I'm going to quickly go home before she comes back, thanks for this" I raised my cigarette in Ed's direction and walked home tears running down my face.

A/N:
Trouble in paradise continues.
How is this going to end? Lots more to come!

See you soon xoxo