Chapter 1 - Leaving

January 1st

Iris's P.O.V.

I sigh as I hug Preston goodbye one last time "I'm gonna miss you" I say "my prickly cactus" I add on. He was the only one to see me off as he was the only one I had left. He chucked "I'm gonna miss you too, if you don't have a new home by the end of that lease my apartment is always open" I smile and the speaker comes on "Flight 806 leaving for Florida last call. I sigh letting go, grab my carry on and jog onto the plane.

I look out the window, goodbye plain old Texas, hellos sunny Florida. I put in my earbuds and fall asleep, when the plane lands at 6pm. I'm starving, I slept the entire flight ruining my sleeping pattern and missing lunch. I hop off the plane and grab my stuff I check my phone Preston said a friend of his who lived here, in Florida would pick me up. All of my stuff was being mailed to the house and it already came with furniture.

As I wait my hand instinctively goes up to the three dog tags around my neck #1 for my dad #2 for my brother and #3 for my uncle. I also had a locket of my mothers on around my neck also. One token for each person. I fix my clothes and re-tie my bun, still waiting for anyone to come pick me up. I see a boy around my age walk over, he was wearing a Pac Sun shirt and jeans. He walks up to me and smiles "Are you Iris" I nod "I'm Mitch" he says. I nod he laughs "Is that all you do?" he asks I nod and he laughs "Noooooo I totally don't talk" I say sarcastically , earning another laugh from him.

We walk out to his car and I get in the passenger seat "So where's your house?" he asks "<insert Adress here>" I say and his eyes widen "That's right down the street from me!" he says. I smile "So you hungry?" I ask. He nods "I haven't had dinner yet" he says, keeping his eyes on the road. "Let's get something, I sleep through lunch" I say, he laughs. We pull into a fish place and I frown "I've never had fish" I say.

"Oh yeah your a country girl, how come you don't have an accent?" he asks as we enter the resturaunt i shrug "I guess I just never developed one" I say. He puts our name in and we go into the waiting area "So what brings you to Florida?" he asks "I'm escaping, the small town I live in and memories" he nods. "If you don't mind me asking but what memories?" he asks.

I sigh "My entire family has died, I only have Preston left." I say and he nods "My dad brother and uncle died serving our country I say pointing to each dog tag, my grandparents are dead, my uncle never married and my mom died of breast cancer in December never had any siblings my entire family is dead" I say. Mitch frowns and gives me a hug "I'm sorry I didn't know" I smile, sadly "It's okay I'm a strong girl, I can manage, he nods.

We get seated "Well tell me about yourself" he says after we order "I am 22 years old, I am a game developer for EA, and I like bands like Sleeping With Sirens and We are the in crowd" I say. I laugh as I see a look of confusion comes across his face "It's okay if you've never heard of them, even people who listen to the genre have never heard of them" I say. He sighs in relief.

Our food comes and we eat, got a salmon pasta thing (I know 'very descriptive') and Mitch got some crab, we both stole bites of eachother's food. He pays even after I try to and we head to my new house. I get there and I turn around "None of my stuff has arrived, can I crash at your place?" I ask, he laughs "Sure". We go to his house and Mitch unlocks the door. "Honey I'm home" he yels causing me to laugh.

"Did you bring Chinese food?" Jerome yells running into the entryway. "That's not Chinese food" he whines. I laugh "No, I'm Iris" I say a look of realization crosses over his face "Oh! Your Preston's friend" he says "Yeah, I'm crashing here until my stuff gets here, someones driving the moving van here" he nods "The couch is actually more comfortable than an air mattress" he says and I smile.

I set down my carry on and my duffel bag that had some spare clothes and random things. I grab some pajamas and change in their bathroom. When I walk back out I see them on the couch watching the Walking Dead marathon. I hop inbetween them and join in. At 10 it ends and they both leave for their rooms. Mitch comes out with a pillow and some blankets "Thanks" I say and get comfortable, falling asleep as soon as Mitch leaves, faintly hearing a "Good night" from him.

A/N

I know that Mitch and Jerome wernt in Florida in January but just imagine okay?

Leave a

Vote if you like New Found Glory or knew the bands she listed

Comment

Crocodile

<3 DarkStar