Chapter 15 - Lachlan Arrives

February 13

*Iris's P.O.V.*

I woke up to Alice shaking me and saying something I couldn't make out. I pull the covers over my head and groan, "Iris get up, Mitch texted me saying that Lachlan was arriving soon" she says shaking me again.

"Go away" I say moving my shoulder out of her grasp, she sighs and gives up, leaving. I try to fall back asleep but not even 5 minuets later, someone else comes in and jumps on top of me.

"Go Away" I say rolling over.

Mitch laughs "Come on get up" he says, sitting up.

"5 more minuets mom" I say putting one of my pillows over my head.

"Come on, Lachlan landed already but he has to go through customs, he's gonna be hungry when he gets here."

"I don't wanna" I say.

Mitch takes off my covers and picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder "Hey!" I yell hitting his back.

I rub the sleep from my eyes as he carries me into the living room, throwing me onto the couch. I sit up seeing Mitch properly, he was wearing sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. I look into the kitchen where Alice was getting out ingredients for pancakes.

I give up on sleep and stand up heading into the kitchen, "Did Jerome go to get Lachlan?" I ask, getting out my large glass bowl.

I wave Alice away and Mitch nods "Yeah, they should be here soon" he says getting out chocolate chips.

"Kay, Jerome knows to come here right" I ask, putting everything into the bowl and mixing.

"Yeah, plus Preston told Lachlan about how good your pancakes are and now he's set on getting some" Mitch says, stealing a few chocolate chips.

"Can one of you make coffee?" I ask grabbing my 'secret' ingredient from the shelf.

Alice leaves to, I assume, get dressed and Mitch nods, turning his back to me. I add it and put it away before Mitch can see. I hear a knock at the door as the coffee starts brewing, Mitch walks over and says "I'll get it". I hear the door open and muffled voices, one of them with a distinct Australian accent.

I hear the door close and footsteps grow louder "Who's cooking?" Lachlan asks, entering the kitchen, just as I begin pouring the batter.

"I am, my famous chocolate chip pancakes, I'm Iris" I say smiling his way.

"Lachlan" he says, Jerome pours a cup of coffee for all of us, including Alice, who at that exact moment walks in. She's wearing a cute floral dress and has her hair down, nothing done with it.

"Alice this is Lachlan" Mitch says introducing them.

"What's with the get up?" I ask, finishing up the pancakes, placing the plate of them on the table.

"I've got a photo-shoot before lunch, so I can't do anything to my hair or put on any make-up" she says, sitting.

I catch Lachlan looking at her and smile to myself, I get out plates for everyone and set them down on the table, Mitch comes in with syrup and butter and Jerome comes in with utensils.

I sit down opposite Alice and Mitch sits down next to me, Jerome takes the seat at the end leaving the seat next to Alice open for Lachlan. As Lachlan sits down he asks "Are you two dating?" motioning to me and Mitch.

I look at my plate trying to cover up the blush creeping up on to my cheeks, "No" I say putting a piece of syrup covered pancake in my mouth.

Lachlan raises his eyebrows at Mitch but continues to eat, we chat, Lachlan learning about my job and everyone learning that Alice was modeling for a local magazine. We finish eating and I gather some of the dishes carrying them to the sink. After I finish doing the dishes I walked out to the living room to find all of the boys sitting around, Lachlan and Mitch playing a heated game of COD, Lachlan surprisingly winning, Alice nowhere in sight.

"Hey Jerome, Mitch said something about a trip, what's happening?" I ask sitting on the arm of a couch, beginning to watch the game,

"Yeah, me and Lachlan are going to a thing in San Francisco but Mitch is staying, still hasn't finished up paperwork" Jerome replies.

"When are you guys leaving?" I ask keeping my eyes on the screen.

"We leave on the 20th we'll be back on the 24th" Lachlan says, winning the game.

"Mitch how did you lose?" Jerome asks, Mitch sighs in defeat and leans back.

Alice enters the room with sunglasses on and a small purse "I'm leaving, I'll be back after lunch" she says waving, she leaves, closing the door behind her.

"You guys should head home, to unpack and stuff" I say, standing up.

"Yeah, good idea now I get to see my new home for the next 6 months" Lachlan says standing up.

"Can I borrow your car?" I ask Mitch, turning off the TV.

He nods "Yeah, head over and I'll get you the keys" he says, standing along with Jerome.

They all leave and I head into my room, still in my pajamas, I change into some gym shorts, a sports bra and a white t-shirt over that. I slip my phone into my pocket and grab one of those arm band things you put your phone in and a water bottle, filling it. I head out the door, grabbing my wallet on the way out, I walk over to the boys' house and knock on the door, greeted by Mitch who smiles, handing me the car keys.

"Going for a run?" he asks and I nod, smiling back at him.

"I'll be at the beach if you need me" I say, walking away.

I get in the car and set down all of my stuff in the passenger seat, starting the car. I turn on the radio and drive to the beach. I arrive at a less popular part of the beach and grab my earbuds, phone, car keys and wallet, I put on the arm band and slip my phone in after putting on some music and I put the keys and my wallet in my pocket. I get out and start jogging down the beach, letting my thoughts wonder.

A/N

Check out Update #1 & 2 on my Random stuff book.