Chapter 3 - Xrpmx13

January 6th

Iris's P.O.V.

I am almost done unpacking, I didn't have much, we sold everything after my mom died. All I had were things I was unwilling to give up and my personal stuff. The boys came over occasionally normally for food, they paid with helping me with unpacking.

I sigh as I open a box labeled pictures. I take out a hammer and nails and hang the photos. I hang the ones of my family that is no longer living, I get out an old cork board and hang it and with pushpins I hang more recent ones, me and Preston, my mom and I. Ones to be covered up with photos of Florida, I hope.

I put some pictures wherever I can, the coffee table, side table, my bedroom, everywhere. I get startled when my door opens, I turn around and I see Mitch and Jerome standing in the Living room. I put my hand over my heart "You guys scared me" I say laughing. Mitch chuckles "We were going to head over to our friend Ryan's place, you wanna come?" I nod.

"I need a break" I say. "Bring a swimsuit he lives next to some docks" Jerome says. "Okay be over in 5" I say running into my room. I quickly change out of the jeans and teeshirt I was wearing and into a black bikini with black high waisted shorts and a white tank top that said 'We Are The In Crowd' in grey block letters. I grab a bag and put in two towels along with sunscreen, my phone, earbuds and book I was reading.

I head out the door and walk over to Mitch and Jerome's place. I knock on the door and a shirtless Mitch opens the door. I try not to stare and he smiles "Enjoy the view?" he asks me chuckling. I roll my eyes and say "Put on a shirt" he walks away, puts on a shirt and comes back "You happy now?" he asks and I laugh "Come on I need some new friends" Jerome runs out in-between us and says "Friendship!" we all laugh and pile into Mitch's rental car.

"We are going to record some after we get there but later we'll hang out outside, you can hang out with Ryan's girlfriend Kayla" Mitch says driving away. When we get there a girl around my height with brown hair answers the door "Ryan Mitch and Jerome got here" she yells. I hear Ryan yell back a "K be out in a second"

Mitch and Jerome, who were standing in front of me, walk in and Kayla gives me a weird look. I smile "I'm Iris, i'm a friend of Preston's and moved here and now live down the street from Mitch and Jerome" I say. She smiles "Finally, a girl to hang out with, I'm Kayla by the way, Ryan's Girlfriend." nod.

I walk out to the outside and over to the docks. I set down my bag and Kayla walks out in her bikini. I take off my shirt, I was going to work on my tan so I didn't bring my board shorts I normally wear, we chat and learn more about each other as we put on sunscreen. I put in my earbuds and put on some Pierce the Veil.

We lay on our towels in the grass, with a 30 minuet timer on my phone, tanning. After about 2 hours of chatting, listening to music, and reading Mitch, Jerome and Ryan finally come out. "You ladies having fun?" Mitch asks as he takes off his shirt and throws it back in the house "Yeah just getting a tan" I say.

Jerome and Ryan both take off their shirts and the boys go out onto the dock. I keep a conversation going with Kayla as the boys mess around. "Hey, who wants to go get lunch by the beach?" Ryan calls out. "Chinese food!" Jerome yells making us all laugh "Sure sounds like fun" I say. I pull on my shorts and teeshirt and pack up my stuff.

We drive to the beach and go into an old fashioned diner called "Shake Shack" we all order burgers, except me who ordered a salad, and sit down. "Why didn't you get a burger?" Jerome asks taking a sip of Mitch's coke. "I don't like hamburgers" I say matter of factly and he nearly chokes on his soda. "You don't like burgers?" he asks.

"You heard me, I find them disgusting" I say. All three of the boys gasp which makes me laugh. A girl with dirty blonde hair walks up to the counter and Mitch and Jerome both nearly choke on their sodas. "What?" I ask, looking at the girl. "She's Mitch's Ex" Jerome says. "What's she doing here?" Ryan asks. Mitch shrugs "I guess we're about to find out." he says and she walks over to our table.

"Hey Mitch, I heard you moved here" she says twirling a piece of hair. "Hey Madison, what are you doing down here" he says. She flinches when he says Madison and smiles "Mitch, call me Maddy, I'm down here visiting friends for all this month" she says. Mitch mutters something like "Great" under his breath.

He puts his arm over my shoulder casually and Maddy flinches again. "Cool, I guess we'll see you around" he says. She walks off and Mitch moves his arm off my shoulder "What was that about Mitch?" I ask. "It was indicating I was dating you which made her not want to stay" he says. I nod "Okay, I'll help you out, if we see her again I'll act like your girlfriend" I say.

Our food comes and we all eat chatting about random things. We get shakes after we eat which we're delicious, and head out. We spend the next hour or so walking down the beach with our shoes off. I start off next to Kayla "So, do you like Mitch?" she asks. It surprises me and I shrug "I don't know, we just met" I say. "I saw you staring at him earlier at the docks.

I shrug "Just enjoying the view" I say laughing. She laughs too and Ryan calls her up to him. Mitch falls back to walk with me and we chat "So how do you like it here so far?" he asks. "It's nice, but I do miss one thing" I say. "What is that one thing?" he asks. "Well, I play the cello and I had one but I left it with Preston because it would have broken in the moving truck" I say.

He nods "Oh, so you almost done packing?" he asks. I nod "Yeah, just finishing up I've got like 5 small boxes left" I say. We chat some more and I eventually end up on Mitch's back while we walk back to our cars. We say goodbye to Ryan and Kayla and head home.

A/N

Soooooo Sorry for the late update I had to write and type a report for science

;( DarkStar