Chapter 7 - The Beach

January 16th

*Iris's P.O.V.*

Myra had to leave so we all got ready for the beach, it was me Mitch Jerome Preston Ryan and Kayla. I change into my bikini and put board-shorts on as well, I walk back out into the living room where Preston was waiting, wearing his board-shorts and a muscle tee. I grab my beach bag and We walk over to Mitch's talking "So, how do you like it here?" he asks. I smile "It's nice, when I get I car I'm going to start doing a morning jog on the beach" I say.

We arrive and I knock on the door, I hear some yelling and Mitch opens the door, pulling down his shirt. "Ryan and Kayla are meeting us there." he says. Jerome runs out, jumping on Mitch's back "#Merome" Preston yells as we get in the car. We drive to the beach and i zone out, thinking about when I have to leave. Never mind it's so far in the future I still wake up in my bed thinking I'm back in Texas with my Mom.

We get there and we walk to the beach, I hop on to Preston's back and yell "Onward peasant!". We all laugh and he walks me to an empty area on the beach where we can set up. He dumps me in the sand and I kick his shin "What was that for" he asks, grabbing his shin "Do you know how hot this sand is?" I yell. Everyone laughs and I hop up and lay down a towel, I lay back down and the boys drop their stuff next to me.

I open up a bag of chips I brought with me and start munching on them, watching the boys mess around in the water. After about 20 minuets I close up the chips and pick up my phone and earbuds. I listen to music and play on my phone for about an hour, Kayla and everyone else coming and going. I look up everyone in a while but no one seems to mind me being anti-social.

Drops of water land on my legs and towel and I turn off my music looking up. I take out my earbuds and set down my phone "What?" I ask Mitch who was standing above me. "Your coming with me" he says. He picks me up, my head facing his back, I hit him repeatedly "Put Me Down!" I yell. He laughs as I see water where he was walking "Okay" he says and throws me into the water. I instinctively land on my feet, causing me to flip.

"Wha?" he says confused, me and Preston start laughing "I was on the local gymnastics team and on my high school's cheer leading team, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna land on my feet." I say. "Now, I need to give Mitch some payback" I say. We all mess around in the water and I get Mitch back multiple times, eventually soaking him without getting my upper body wet. I head back out to dry off so we can go get something to eat I mean it's 2 and we haven't had any lunch.

I am about to grab a towel to dry off when Mitch comes over and hugs me, I realize he's just getting me more wet and I scream, and elbow his chest. He lets go and I give him the evil eye, he laughs and Preston raises his eyebrows at us. I roll my yes and dry off, packing up my stuff, Ryan and Kayla head home and we go to a cute cafe. Preston and Jerome on one side, me and Mitch on the other side of the booth.

The boys get burgers and I get fish n chips, we all get coke and Mitch and Jerome go into the bathroom to wash up. "So, is there anything between you and Mitch" Preston says. I blush "No...." I say. Preston laughs and says "Yeah right, I see the way you look at him" he says. I look at my feet and say "Well, he's just so nice..." I say. "I'm going to let you in on something, he like you" Preston says. I laugh "Yeah right..." I say trailing off. Mitch and Jerome get back and I take a sip of my soda thinking about what Preston said.

We eat and then head back to the car. When we get home Preston goes out to his car with Mitch and Jerome and they each come back with a box. "OMG I forgot my gaming systems!" I say aging the one out of Mitch's arms and and open it, revealing my X box 1, Wii, Wii U, Playstation and others. I open the one in Preston's arms and it reveals my tuns and tuns of games. Mitch and Jerome just stand there dumbfounded. I open the box in Jerome's arms which was full of more games.

"The rest of your games are in a the car along with your cd player and CDs" Preston says after I hook up, well Mitch and Jerome hook up, my game systems to my TV. Their jaws basically drop "You have more?" they ask, I nod. "Even though I only just started working for EA I was being scouted by tuns of major game developing companies" I say "I got a lot of free stuff"

They run outside and come back in carrying a box that says games and two smaller boxes that say music. They grab out a random game and start playing while me and Preston catch up. "So what did EA say you were going to be working on?" he asks. "Well, I really shouldn't be telling three major gamers..." I say drifting off. "What do you do for games?" Jerome asks.

"We'll, I work on the character models, animating, and sometimes I do background and buildings but not often" I say. "I also do bug testing on games too most bugs that you find in games get fixed you know" I say "The bugs you find, EA has people as a part of their job, watching and looking for bugs" I finish "Wow, so are you good at visual arts?" Mitch asks. "Yeah she is, now pleas tell us, we won't say anything to anyone" he says.

I sigh "Well there's a new game called Mirrors edge and I'm doing design for the main city" I say. I go to my room and grab my notebook. "Their sending me a computer program on the 20th and I need some opinions on my sketches" I say. "Oh, I heard about that, the main character is a girl right?" Preston says, I nod.

"The city is still in the development stage, they put a lot of visual art people on this, even me, one of their newbies" I say, opening my sketch book. Mitch and Jeorme pause what they were doing and come look. "I am in charge of some minor buildings here and there but they want the city to look very unique" I say opening my sketch book.

<3 DarkStar