Chapter 4 - A Day At The Boardwalk

January 10th

*Mitch's P.O.V.*

I slipped on my flip flops as Jerome grabbed his wallet. We were going to the boardwalk with Ryan, Kayla and Iris if she wants to. Jerome comes back out and says "Come on let's go see if Iris wants to go" he says. "Sure" I say and we head out the door. We arrive at Iris's and knock on the door. She answers wearing some black jeans and a Paramore teeshirt "Hey guys, what do you need?" she asks.

"We were wondering if you wanted to come with us and Ryan and Kayla to the Boardwalk" Jerome says. She smiles "Sure, let me grab my phone." she says. She runs back inside and comes back out with her phone, earbuds and wallet. We head back over to my house and get in the rental, "When are you buying a car?" Iris asks getting in the passenger seat. "I don't know zoom hopefully" I say.

Jerome gets in the back and we pick up Ryan and Kayla. As they climb in Kayla asks Iris something "Did you listen to it?" she asks. "Yeah, after I finished packing I sat on my couch, read, and listened to it" she replies. "What's it" Jerome asks. "The Fall Out Boy album she gave me a few days ago, you guys were recording." she says.

We pull up in a perfect parking spot right by the boardwalk. We decide to split up until lunch and the groups were me, Iris and Jerome and Ryan and Kayla. We head off in our separate directions and Jerome spots a beach volleyball game going on with some of Ryan's friends, He runs off leaving us alone. We chat, walking side by side untill we pass a bench on which a man Was playing the cello for money.

Iris stops and I stop too, he was playing recent music, currently The Scientist by Coldplay. Iris gets out her wallet and pulls out a 20. When he finishes she throws in the 20 and the man looks up at us. "Thank you" he says. I pull out my wallet and throw in a 10. "Your welcom, I play as well" she says. He smiles and we move on, she pulls out her phone and pulls up a picture of a cello she shows it to me and says "That's mine, its still with Reston though" she says frowning.

I had a brilliant idea, I should have Preston come visit and bring her cello, she would be so happy! We keep walking and we stop at a small candy shop. She gets some sour cherry belts and some pop rocks, I get dark chocholate non parells and some gummy cokes. We check out and Iris try's to pay but I stop her, paying for us both. The women at the cash register smiles "A true gentlemen, beleive me I've seen guys make the girl pay" she says.

"Your lucky to have a man like that" she says to Iris "He's not my boyfriend" she says blushing. "He should be" she says and Iris laughs. She hands Iris a card "let's keep in touch" she says. We walk out and Iris shows me the card it said Myra (***)-***-****. We keep walking until it is about noon and we head to the resturaunt we planned on meeting at for lunch.

On the way there we pass by Maddy and some other girls, Iris notices and grabs my hand. I feel an electric shock go up my arm and I hope Maddy doesn't recognize us. "Mitch" she calls out and I silently groan. We stop and turn towards her, "Hey Maddy, funny seeing you here" I say. "Yeah, I was just out shopping" she says. "We were enjoying a nice morning out on the boardwalk" Iris says, surprising me.

Maddy gives her a dirty look and ignores her "So where you off to?" she asks. "Oh just off to lunch with Jerome, Ryan and Kayla." she smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes "Okay, see you around" she says and we walk away. I mutter "Hopefully not" and Iris laughs. We get to the restaurant and I realize we are still holding hands I leave them and we wait for everyone else. Iris blushes and removes her hand from mine when Ryan and Kayla get here and Kayla raises her eyebrows at her.

Jerome comes over covered in sand and sweaty. "We won!" he says as we enter the place. Kayla and Iris chat as we wait, Jerome goes on his phone and I talk to Ryan. "So what was up with you two holding hands" he asks. "Well we passed by Maddy and she gabbed my hand, we just never let go I guess" I say. He nods "You two would make a great couple" he says, I smile fiddling with my dog tags "I guess"

I look over at her she was smiling and laughing, her beautiful eyes lighting up. She looks at me and meets my eyes and I look down. We get called to be seated and we sit. Ryan and Kayla on one side, me and Iris on the other, Jerome on the end. We get our orders taken and we chat "So, what do you want to do after this?" Ryan asks. "I wanted to take another walk down the beach, I mean this my first time somewhere with an actual beach" Iris says.

"I was going to play another match of Volleyball" Jerome says. "Well, I was going to go shopping" Kayla says. "I'll go with Iris" I volunteer. "I volunteer as tribute to be dragged around the shopping center." Ryan says. Our food comes and we all eat. After we split up again, Iris takes off her shoes and so do I. We walk down the beach and talk, "So how long have you played the cello?" I ask her.

"I've played since I was in middle school, I started in 6th grade" I nod "Cool, you must be really good" I say. She blushes "I'm not that good..." we walk in silence for a bit until I get tripped by something which I soon realize was someone. I look up to see Iris laughing, I grab her hand and pull her down as well. She falls directly on top of me still laughing, her face is inches from mine and I look into her beautiful brown eyes. She blushes and looks away rolling off of me.

She gets up brushes off and runs away. I laugh "Hey" I yell. "Try and catch me!" she yells. I laugh and get up running after her. I catch up and we tumble onto the sand, me landing with my hands on either side of her head. She blows the hair out of her face and escapes my grasp. We mess around a bit longer until I get a text from Jerome saying we were leaving. I help pull up Iris and neither of us let go of each others hand until we get to the car.

A/N

;)

<3DarkStar