Chapter 6 - Preston gets here

January 16

*Mitch's P.O.V.*

Iris has been super excited and has even gone into a music store to practice on one of their cellos. Preston said he would be here around noon so we all had some time to kill. We were all at Iris's it was about 10:30 in the morning, me, Jerome, Ryan, Kayla and Myra who is now a good friend of Iris's. Myra had her string bass and Iris was messing around by playing jaws on it, annoying the crap out of Myra.

To me it seemed like Iris was more excited to see her cello than to see Preston. Jerome was on his phone, Ryan and Kayla were in the backyard hanging out and Myra was currently chasing Iris around the house. I stood up to go get something from the kitchen when Iris comes and uses me as a meat shield. I sigh "What did she do this time?" I ask Myra. "She nearly broke my bow, I'm gonna kill her.

I almost step aside but Iris hops on my back and says "You will never catch me, onward" but I just dump her on the couch. She frowns and pouts, damn she looks cute when she pouts, wait what am I thinking "Hey, so your just going to let her kill me ?" she asks. "Pretty much, yeah" I say. "Hey!" she says throwing the pillow Jerome was leaning on at me, I duck it and it hits Myra. "Now your going to get it" Myra says while Jerome finally acknowledges us and goes "Who stole my pillow?" I laugh.

Ryan comes in right as Iris throws another pillow at Myra, which she ducks and it hits Ryan "Okay, what's going on here?" he asks. Iris laughs and grabs a pillow off the floor and throws it at Myra, which finally hits. "I'm going to kill you" she says running after her. We chat, mess around and have fun until noon when I hear a car honk and we all see Preston's car in front of the house.

Iris runs out and as soon as Preston gets out she jumps on his back. "CACTUSSSSSS" she yells. Preston laughs and says "Hey eye" she hops off his back and gives him a proper hug. "How's Sara?" she asks. "She's good." he says. I pull out a wad of cash from my pants and head over to Preston. Iris stops me from handing Preston my money and pays him, he accepts hers but not mine. "Hey man thanks by the way" I say.

"No big deal I knew I would have to bring her her cello eventually." he says. We all go inside laughing and talking. Iris runs outside and unlocks Preston's trunk, she pulls out a hard case covered in stickers. She walks into the house and puts it down, opening it. It reveals her cello and bow, she takes it out and tunes it. She plays a few scales, sitting on the couch and we all quiet down.

She puts some sheet music in front of her and Myra and they start playing something. I finally recognize it as Somewhere Only We Know, they sounded amazing. I watched Iris as she got lost in the music, she was swaying back and forth and when they got to a part where it repeated she closed her eyes. We all clap after their done and Iris is smiling wide, she sighs "I've missed my cello" she says.

Preston frowns "And you didn't miss me" she laughs and hits his arm "of corse I missed you" she says. "So what do you guys wanna do?" I ask. "Let's go to the beach!" both Iris and Preston yell. They laugh and I say "I guess we're all going to the beach" I say.

A/N

Yay, Puuurrrsssttttooonnn is here!

<3 DarkStar