Chapter 11 - Preston Leaves

January 22nd

*Iris's P.O.V.*

I watched as Preston's car pulled out of my driveway, down the street, and around the corner, I enjoyed having him around but I knew he couldn't do that again. Mitch walks out of my house and I turn around to see him smiling and leaning against my door frame. I walk back towards Mitch, and back towards my house, as I walk through the door, Mitch grabs me by the waist. Recently we've done things like this and I find myself growing closer to him, even growing feelings for him.

I smile and relax in his arms, letting him hold me, he puts his chin on my forehead and says "Lets do something". "Like what?" I ask, "How about we go down to the boardwalk, just the two of us" he says and I blush. "Okay, let me grab a jacket" I say, he lets go of me and yells as I walk inside "Meet me at my house". I grab my blue flannel but decide against it, grabbing the hoodie Mitch let me use.

I was wearing shorts and a tank-top so when it gets colder the hoodie will come in handy, I tie back my hair, grab my phone and wallet and head to Mitch and Jerome's. Mitch walks out the door as I arrive and smiles when he sees what jacket I brought "Are you ready to go?" he asks, I nod and we get in the car. We chat on the way and when we get there it's about 3, Mitch puts his arm over my shoulder when we get there making me blush.

We walk down, past games and other things, when we get to a ice cream stand I stop Mitch and we go get one. "Lets share a two scoop" I say, he smiles "Okay" we order and get our ice cream, we sit down and start eating. After we eat he grabs my hand and we keep walking, when we pass one of those knock down the bottle games Mitch stops us and hands the man a 5. He knocks down the bottles and chooses a little panda as the prize. He hands it to me and I smile taking it.

He returns his hand to mine making me smile and we keep walking. Down the boardwalk until we get to the beach where we walk down after taking off our shoes. The sun starts setting and I pull Mitch's hoodie over my head, it smells faintly of him. We keep walking until Mitch picks me up by the legs and throws me over his shoulder, heading toward a diner. "Mitchell put me down" I yell hitting his back, he laughs and just starts yelling and right before we leave the beach drops me in the sand.

I glare at him and he starts laughing, I swipe my foot under him making him fall on top of me. He leans in and our lips are almost touching when his phone rings and we jump apart, making me frown. He sighs and answers it "Jerome needs me back home" he says, standing up holding his hand outhit me. I take it and he helps me up "It's fine, I need to finish up some work anyways." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

He puts his arm over my shoulder as we walk back to the car. When we get to his house I smile and kiss his cheek "I had fun" I say. I walk back to my house with a quick glance backward showing me a frozen Mitch, I smile to myself and walk into my house, getting to work.

<3 DarkStar