Chapter 20

March 2nd

*Iris's P.O.V.*

I wake up to the sound of footsteps yelling and giggling, as well as the smell of burning pancakes. I sit up and finger comb my hair down then putting it in a super messy bun. I grab my phone and slip on my slippers before heading in. I see Lachlan, Alice, Jerome, Logan and Mitch messing around in my kitchen.

"Good morning guys" I say pouring myself a cup of coffee "What are you doing here?"

"Pancakes" Alice and Lachlan say in unison.

"Yeah I can smell them burning" I say sipping by coffee.

Alice hits Lachlan's arm and turns around to the stove and taking the pan to the trashcan.

"They were in charge of it we had nothing I do with it" Logan says.

"I made the coffee" Jerome says from next to her.

I walk out of the room with out saying anything else and sit on the couch setting my coffee down on the coffee table. I curl up into a ball and rest my head on a pillow. Half asleep I feel someone lift up my head take away the pillow sit down and rest my head in they're lap.

"Hey" I recognize Mitch's voice say "what's wrong"

"Nothing I'm just tired" I say getting comfortable in my new position

"Oh okay, they're still in there attempting to make pancakes" he says playing with my hair.

"Let's just hope they don't burn the house down" I say smiling sleepily.

"Hey Mitch, Iris, there's a bonfire tonight with a bunch of Ryan's old friends and we're invited, you up for it?" Jerome yells from inside the kitchen.

"Yeah sure I just need to get some work done" I say sleepily.

"We're both up for it" Mitch yells back delivering my message

"Goodnight" I say before becoming silent.

We sit there for a while like that me half asleep and Mitch playing with my hair. Soon I smell food and Lachlan is calling from the kitchen. I feel Mitch lift my head off his lap then pick me up, carrying me to the table. I open my eyes tiredly as he sets me down in a chair then sits next to me

"I still think you two would make an excellent couple" Alice says smiling at us.

"Yeah so would you and Mr. Ausie over there" I say pointing with my fork

"Would you two just shut up and quit your bickering" Logan says from next to Jerome.

"Do you guys wanna go to the beach a bit before the bonfire too?" Lachlan asks, mouth full of pancakes