Chapter 10 - A Calming Walk

January 19th

*Mitch's P.O.V.*

I get in my new car, Preston and Jerome were recording and Iris wasn't home I decided to take a walk on the beach. It was about 5 so the sun was starting to go down, it was getting chilly I'm glad I brought a sweatshirt. When I get there I put my phone in my shorts as well as my wallet. I get out of the car, grabbing my sweatshirt from the passenger seat. I leave my sandals in the car and start down the beach, listening to the waves crash on the beach. I smile when I see a happy family, two parents and a toddler running around in the sun.

The farther down I get on the beach I start seeing more teenagers, playing volleyball, talking, swimming. I pass by a couple, the guy was playing a song on a guitar I couldn't hear and the girl was smiling and looking at him lovingly. I keep going down the beach, the farther I got the older the people, I eventually pass by a collage bonfire, I see beer cans and bottles of alcohol scattered around the party. I keep walking as the sun slowly makes it's way in to the ocean, I pass by some people sitting around a laptop and less and less people are on the beach.

I look ahead and all I see is a girl sitting by herself on a mound of sand, watching the sunset and the ocean. I keep walking down, away from the collage students and towards the girl, watching the sun set and the waves pound against the shore. As I get closer to the girl I recognize her long brown hair and her favorite blue plaid flannel draped over her shoulders, it's Iris. "Hey" I say once I'm close enough, she turns and looks at me startled, then smiles "Hey, what's up?" she asks. I smile, sitting next to her "The Sky" I reply, she hits my shoulder and laughs.

"What were you doing down here" she asks, she was looking out at the sunset but my eyes were on her. "Just taking a walk" I say, she looks over her glance meeting my stare and a faint pink dances across her cheeks. "What were you doing" I ask, still looking at her, "I just needed to clear my mind you know, just some peace and quiet" she says. I nod "I know the feeling, living with Jerome isn't exactly quiet" I say, she laughs "Waking up to one of you guys whining about food isn't exactly quiet either" she says.

I stand up and I offer her my hand, the sun had sunk passed the water and it was pretty dark "Need a ride?" I ask helping her up. She smiles "Yeah, thank you" we walk down the beach as we reach the collage students the music is louder and there's a lot more drunk people. She stays on the side of me farthest from the party and shivers I take off my sweatshirt and hand it to her, it was one of my po$h hoodies. She was wearing shorts, flip flops and a tank-top with her flannel but it was designed for warm weather.

She smiles "Thank you I came here at around 2 so it was pretty warm" she says, pulling the hoodie over her head and untucking her hair. We continue past the bonfire and to the deserted family beach area, once we get to my car we stop. "Do you want to grab something to eat?" I ask her, she nods "Yeah, let's go to that shake shack place" she replies. I grab my sandals from the car and we walk to the shake shack, which was pretty empty when we got there. We sit down and a girl comes over to take our orders she took them and went into the kitchen, looking tired.

Iris was sitting across from me but still looked really cold, "Hey come sit over here" I say patting the seat next to me. She smiles "Why?" she asks "You look cold" I reply matter of factly, she smiles and stands up, moving over to the seat next to me. I grab her hands and blow on them to warm them up, then I put my arm around her shoulders, making her blush. Our food comes and then our waitress aptakes off her apron grabs her tips and leaves, as another girl comes in.

We eat and pay leaving a tip with a note saying its for the girl before, when we exit we get a glare from the new waitress. We walk back to the car, my arm over Iris's shoulders, we get in and I softly put the radio on listening to whatever was on. Iris looks tired and by the time we're back to my house shes sleeping soundly in the passenger seat, it was about 8 my walk was pretty long and I was slow.

I get out and walk around the car to the passenger side, I carefully unbuckle her and pick her up bridal style. Halfway to the house her eyes flutter open and she smiles up at me, "Do you want to go home or stay over?" I ask. She yawns and says quietly "I'll stay over" we arrive at the door and I kick it with my foot, hoping Preston and Jerome could hear. We hear some footsteps anothe door opens revealing a tired looking Preston he looks at me then at Iris understanding why I couldn't open the door. "Hey" he says quietly "Where we're you?" he asks me, I smile "I went on a walk on the beach and found Iris" I say.

I walk inside and into my room, setting Iris on the bed "Do you want a shirt to sleep in?" I ask her, she sits up slowly and nods. I grab one of my plain black ones and toss it to her, it lands in her lap, she sleepily walks into the bathroom and changes. I change into some pajamas and sit on my bed, she comes back out with a bundle of clothes and her phone. She tosses the clothes in a corner and sets her phone on the dresser, then comes to climb into bed. I'm about to get up and leave, record some stuff and crash on the couch.

She grabs my arm and I look down at her "Stay" she whispers, bearly audible, I slide under the covers with her. I grab her waist and she turns to face me burying her face in my chest, soon her breath slows and steadies, I let my eyes droop down and I slip into sleep.

<3 DarkStar