14

[The next day]

Y/N's POV

Our next mission was easy. We simply had to activate an USB with all regarding information that linked to hydra at a local apple store. There was someone in the mall that could help us with hydra which James took the role to find them and have a chat. We had to hide our identity knowing the hydra men are all around the place. I wore a short ginger wig, a plain white tank top with a jacket with plain black jeans with sneakers. Steve wore regular clothes, with a black baseball cap and fake reading glasses.

Me and Steve split ways with James once we got into the mall. I threw my hood up. Me and Steve walked towards the apple store as I grabbed his hand interlocking our fingers. Steve looked at our hands then back at me.

Steve: "What are you doing?"

Y/N: "Just a regular couple visiting the apple store"

I smirked at him, he rolled his eyes as he played along. We found a laptop in the corner away from busy crowds. I let go of Steve's hand as I pull out the usb from my pocket attaching it to the laptop. As information started coming up. Steve moved to stand behind me blocking the screen of the laptop to anyone who could be lurking. He leaned a little forward placing his hands on each side of me onto the desk. I could feel his body pressing against mine from behind. He didn't take no notice of what he was doing, he was too innocent. I ignored his actions as my eyes scanned through the information.

Steve: "Do you see what we need?"

Y/N: "Stop talking so I can concentrate"

Steve looked around the room before sighing. Now and again his eyes would scan the screen.

Y/N: "Found it"

As the files were activating I took one look up and noticed one of the workers just staring at us. I ignored it as I could feel Steve nervously breathing down my neck.

Y/N: "Put your arm around my waist Steve, Don't be shy"

He didn't hesitate, he slipped his hand around my waist digging his fingers into my hip harshly causing me to gasp, he faked a smile.

Steve: "Better?"

He was annoyed now.

Before I could answer him the same worker who has been staring at us for the past two minutes comes up to us.

"May I help with anything?" He states. I quickly turn around placing my hands on Steve's shoulders as I lean my head into him.

Y/N: "Oh no, my fiance was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations"

Steve widened his eyes before snapping into act chuckling nervously.

Steve: "Right.. we're getting married"

A small grin appeared on my lips as my eyes would trace on the screen every few seconds. The guy looked at me then back at Steve. "You're a lucky guy, she's gorgeous"  His eyes would meet mine as I looked at him in awe. Steve looked at him with a straight face. He clenched his jaw not liking the fact the guy was staring at me for too long, he interrupted our eye contact by moving in front of me blocking his view. 

Steve: "Yeah, lucky me!"

The guy simply walked away.

Y/N: "I think that's everything"

I pulled out the usb sticking it back in my pocket as we heard James speaking through our earpiece.

Bucky: "Guys, you have incoming"

Me and Steve just looked at each other before we quickly headed out the store, we noticed hydra men all around us they split into teams. There was a group of them walking towards us.

Steve: "They're coming towards us"

Y/N: "Put your arm around me and pretend to laugh at something I said"

I demanded to him but he did as I said, he slipped his arm around my shoulders as we both ducked our heads down laughing. They took no notice and walked straight past us, we headed towards the escalator. We stood on the escalator going down, Steve was behind me. I noticed a hydra man coming up the escalators as we were going down.  I quickly turned around to face Steve.

Y/N: "Kiss me"

Steve's face crunched up.

Steve: "No"

It's cute he thought he had a choice.

Y/N: "Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable"

Steve: "Yes they do-"

Before he could finish his sentence I placed my hand behind his neck pulling his face down as I slightly tip toed up pressing my lips against his. I felt Steve's hand land on my hip he knew it was an act. Steve parts his lips as he started to kiss me back. We can hear James in our earpiece saying "You've got to be kidding me" he probably saw us from the floor he was standing on.After a few seconds I pulled away from his lips, looking into his eyes. I turned around walking down the rest of the stairs.

Y/N: "Missed it, Steven?"

Steve followed from behind me.

Steve: "Absolutely not"

From there, we headed back to the compound.