33

Bruce was in the medical room with you while everyone was waiting outside the door waiting for some news. Steve and Bucky were sitting on the ground, Bucky was leaning against the wall and Steve had his arms wrapped around his legs, his body swaying back and forth muttering things to himself. Their eyes were red and puffy from crying, Nat had sat next to Steve and Wanda next to Bucky trying to comfort them. They all have been waiting for 20 minutes now.

Loki sitting down on a chair he was glowering at the boys.

Loki: "If she doesn't pull through I swear I won't hesitate to kill you both-"

Thor: "Brother, don't-"

Loki stood up.

Loki: "Don't what?!"

His eyes traced to the boys again.

Loki: "You both are pathetic, is a spell seriously stronger than your love for her? You both looked into her eyes and did not fucking feel a thing. You call that love?!"

Tony stepped forward placing his hand on Loki's shoulder.

Tony: "Enough"

Loki pushed his hand away.

Loki: "Get off me, you all saw how she was right?! She couldn't eat, couldn't sleep and I had to make sure she was standing strong because she almost turned insane at the thought of losing you both but what did you both do? You filthy betrayers!"

Thor grabbed Loki by his shirt and pushed him against the wall.

Thor: "That's enough Loki, calm down"

Loki breathed deeply before tracing his eyes to the boys once more.

Loki: "She deserves so much better than you useless scumbags"

He spat out. The boys didn't have the courage to fight or even say anything, they knew Loki was right, they felt guilty letting the curse overcome their love for you. They blamed themselves for what happened. After a short while Bruce opened the door his clothes and gloves were drenched in blood. Everyone walked towards him firing questions at him. Tony threw his hand up annoyingly.

Tony: "Can we just shut up for a moment and let him speak, Bruce?"

Bruce: "She's in a critical condition right now, she's lost a lot of blood and right now that's what her body needs"

Steve and Bucky both stepped forward with no hesitation talking at the same time.

"Take mine"

Steve shook his head.

Steve: "It should be me, it was my fault"

Bruce pulled Steve in, he didn't have time to play pick me, he just knew your life was in his hands and he had to save you. Once Steve was in the room he shut the door, Steve walked closer to you as you laid there on the bed unconscious with blood everywhere. You looked paler than usual. Bruce stuck a needle in Steve's arm and started drawing blood out, Steve didn't pay attention to anything he just had his eyes locked on you.

Steve: "She's going to make it right? Please tell me she will make it"

Bruce sighed shaking his head.

Bruce: "I wish I could give you good news but I don't know Steve"

[ A few hours later ]

Bruce had announced that there was nothing more he could do, no one knew if you were going to wake up they just held onto hope that you would wake up by yourself. You were laying in your room. You were attached to monitors, infusion pump and a ventilator. Bucky refused to see you, he just needed time. He couldn't stand at the thought of you lifelessly laying there and him feeling helpless.

Steve wanted to see you first and the team let him see you alone. He walked into the room closing the door behind him, he pulled a chair placing it next to you bed and sat down looking at you, his eyes traced over the monitors. All he could hear is the sound of the heart monitor beeping.

He took your cold hand in his. He tried his hardest to hold back his tears.

Steve: "I'm so so sorry.."

His voice broke once again as he dropped his head down closing his eyes. He took in a few sharp inhalations before opening his eyes looking at you again. His thumb started caressing your hand.

Steve: "I will never forgive myself for what i've done, just please baby come back to us. I'll do anything just to look into your beautiful eyes again.."

A few tears came strolling down his cheeks.

Steve: "Just don't leave us, don't leave me.."

He lifted your hand up carefully placed a soft kiss on it before placing it back down on the bed, his hand still holding yours.

Steve: "I love you, I always have. I wish I told you when I had the chance.. I've been so stupid. I should of tried.. maybe if I tried you could of remembered our love again"

He slowly placed his head down and closed his eyes, his hand was underneath yours and rested his cheek on the top of your hand he eventually fell asleep like that, just holding your hand wanting to feel your presence close to him.

An hour had gone by and Steve was woken by the sound of the door opening, It was Bucky. Steve slowly leaned back up tracing his eyes to you then back at Bucky.

Steve: "Just come in Buck"

Bucky was frozen still, he was just starting at you. He managed to take a few steps forward and stood on the other side of you. He moved his hand towards your cheek, he stopped half way and curled up his fingers shaking his head.

Bucky: "I can't"

Steve sighed slowly letting go of your hand.

Steve: "She's cold, it's like she's not really here you know?"

Bucky: "What have we done Steve?"

They just stared at each other, sharing the same guilt feeling they had in their stomachs.

Bucky traced his eyes back to you again.

Bucky: "She won't leave us right? She's strong.. she's always been strong"

Steve: "Of course she is, she's our girl"

Bucky shook his head.

Bucky: "She WAS our girl, not anymore. We lost her the moment she was fighting for her life and looking into our eyes, we did that to her. Us Steve. The boys who promised to love and protect her for eternal."

Steve: "She said my boys Buck, her feelings.. her memories they were starting to come back, didn't you feel it too? When she looked into our eyes there was something there, and I just know it was love"

Bucky's eyes filled with tears, those words had been replaying in his mind since the moment you said it.

Bucky: "Maybe Loki was right, she does deserve better"

He took one last glance at you before walking out the room, there was only one feeling Bucky was feeling. Pain. Steve stood up not long after Bucky left the room. The guilt was eating Steve up inside just like Bucky, but Steve tried to stay strong for you. He held onto any little hope that you were going to come back, that's all he wanted.