58

[ The same day ]

Y/N's POV

We all had sat around the lounge area, my eyes would often trace to Steve and Bucky, they would do the same. They still weren't talking and sat on opposite sides to each other. Tony claps his hands together before standing up.

Tony: "Right, well I'm freakin' hungry so I'm going to order some pizza for us, everyone cool with that?"

We all hummed agreeing with him. Once he got up and left, Pepper followed him straight after. I was wondering why the boys kept glancing at me, I knew I was hot as always but damn, it made me feel flushed. I just had to do it, I needed to get into their head. I promised myself I weren't going to do it but promises are made to be broken. The boys proved that.

I started off with Bucky, digging into his thoughts. He was thinking about me, thinking about how beautiful I looked and how I never changed. I felt the love there, he loves me so deeply that it hurt him, it pained him to not be able to hold me and kiss me. He held regret deep within him, he let his ego pull him down and lose the best thing that's ever happened to him.

I felt overwhelmed. I had to shift my focus to something else, he thought about Steve too. He hated that he fell out with his best friend and he hated his girlfriend, Peggy. In his mind he called her the british bitch.

I just sat there grinning until I felt a nudge, it was Nat.

Nat: "What are you grinning at?"

She said almost quietly so only I could hear. I just shrugged acting oblivious.

Y/N: "Oh nothing, just a funny thought popped into my head"

After she just nodded believing me, I moved straight to Steve, I was more worried about reading his mind, Steve has been really angry lately, it wasn't like him at all. I dug into his thoughts and instantly I felt a wave of different emotions, he wasn't as calm as Bucky was.

His mind was a mess and so many things were happening at once. He was furious with Bucky, though part of him loves Bucky dearly, he couldn't do it without him. When Bucky left without saying goodbye it's like he took a part of Steve with him. The same thing happened with me, when he when went New York without me, another part of him was empty and by now he was left with nothing.

He needed distractions, missions helped a lot. However, on the side was Peggy. I couldn't see that he loved her, it wasn't love, he just cared for her and built an emotional connection with her but it wasn't love, I saw that he still loves me and only me. He also had good sex with her which I really didn't want to hear but I accidentally touched on it. I came out of his thoughts just sighing.

Part of me wanted to be happy that they still love me, but the other part was sad knowing we cannot be together. It was too messy and complicated, something none of us needed.

Tony came back holding Pepper's hand, they sat down together as he put an arm around her, clearing his throat.

Tony: "So guys.. me and Pep were thinking, considering the wedding plans are moving a lot faster than we thought, we could do the very fun part with you guys and besides we could really use your opinions"

Y/N: "And what's the fun part?"

Tony: "Wedding cake tasting!"

Bucky: "How is that fun?"

Tony: "Because it's cake! With a variety of different flavours, who doesn't like cake!"

Bucky: "Uh not everyone is a fan of cakes you know"