34

[ A few days later ]

The team would individually check up on you to see how you are, though nothing's really changed they just missed having you around and they would come to you to make themselves feel better. Nat and Wanda would check on you together, they would talk to you as if you were actually awake and gossip about random stuff. Tony would sit by you and sing to you, you would always complain his singing annoyed you in the mornings. Instead of feeling sad he would try to look at the positive side.

Thor and Loki would check on you too, Loki didn't believe in the whole people in coma can actually hear you, he felt stupid talking to himself. He tried it and gave up. He just wanted you to come back. Bruce would run some tests to check how well your body is recovering or if there's any progress. Clint and Sam were away but when they heard the news they were devastated but they kept faith that you would be okay.

Steve and Bucky were busy between tracking down the witches and visiting you, they wanted to find the witches and kill them with their own hands. Wanda would help, but they found nothing. Tracking down witches were harder than they thought, but they didn't give up. They were somewhere and they were going to be found one way or another.

Steve and Bucky sat on each side of you, they were trying to braid your hair. They use to do it a lot back in the 40's you taught them how to braid and there were moments you would come out the shower they would brush and braid your hair into two while you were sipping on wine. Bucky was just tangling up your hair at this point.

Bucky: "Why is this so complicated?!"

Steve chuckled as he leaned back proudly looking at the braid, it wasn't perfect but he managed.

Steve: "I've still got it"

Bucky rolled his eyes leaning back into his seat huffing away.

Bucky: "Well you are going to have to do this side, if she were awake she would not be happy with us leaving her hair like that"

They both stood up and swapped seats as Steve untangled your hair and started braiding it.

Steve: "Oh no Buck, if she were awake she wouldn't even let us touch her hair"

They both laughed. As Steve braided your hair Bucky leaned forward taking your hand in his. His mindset never changed, he still believes you deserve better but Steve helped ease his mind a bit. They pushed away all the negative aspects to one side and just focused on bringing you back. That's all they wanted.

Bucky: "I just want her to be happy, I miss her smile. And i'm not talking about when she gives us a devious grin or smirk, or when she smiles when she's drunk or when she's forced too. I miss the way she use to smile.. when she was actually happy"

Steve sighed.

Steve: "She lost her happiness the moment her father strapped her to that bed.."

Steve finished braiding your hair as he lets out a small smile.

Steve: "She did have the cutest most innocent smile"

Bucky smiled too.

Bucky: "Yes she did"

Nat and Wanda walked into the room moments after.

Nat: "Did you just braid her hair?"

Steve proudly nodded.

Steve: "Yes I did"

Nat and Wanda both laughed shaking their heads.

Wanda: "Oh she's so going to know about this"