29. Painfully apart

°°° Hi!!       SURPRISE

An Update?  Yes here's an update.

Thank you for reaching till here with me. I hope you guys are enjoying my story?.

I will really appreciate if you all share your thoughts in the comments section. I feel clueless whether my readers are catching up with me.

Till then.. I'll be waiting for your comments.

#1 distrust - 6 May 2021

Enjoy.. lob you all!!°°°

Alan POV~~~

"Contact the business department now. I want all details for this month and last month progress. And inform the legal team to be in stand by for an urgent calls." Sam immediately gets to work without further delay.

"Miss Jones are the proposals ready?" I ask one of the team leaders incharge for the Italian project. She glup fearing to look up at me.

"Y-yes sir.. the proposal is ready" she stutter slightly feeling intimidating by my stare.

It's already been a week and three days that everyone's walking on eggshells around me. I'm close off to nearly exploding. I've snap a lot this past days. One mistakes then I'll snap.

My patience is already running dry.. the constant trouble arising for the new project endlessly, not doing any good to my piss mood. It's been so long since I last saw my son and Aurora. I miss them so much I could barely work without being distracted .

I want to finish the deal first off and leave first thing to see them.

Sometimes I miss them so much to the point it hurts painfully I wanted to abandoned everything my work, my responsibilities, my positions so that I could be with them.. with the two most important person in my life.

But I could not. I can't be an irresponsible man, boss to my employes. Thousands of workers are working under me in different countries. Making their living, depending on their only one source of income.

They would be left unemployed. And I could not be such an irresponsible boss, selfish for my own self. The trust my employees put on me how could I break the trust of thousands people as their boss.

And I gave my words to give aurora some times to think it out. That's the only two things keeping me from seeking them out.

To be a responsible boss and a man of my words.

"Mr Caper are the contracts ready?"

"Yes sir.. everything is ready according to your orders. The legal team have gone through it" good everything is going as plan. I'm confident enough it would be a success.

"Any news from the Italians?" My assistant startle hearing my voice the questions directed towards her. She tremble fearing I'll snap again. Everyone had been walking on eggshells for the past days.

More than they usually were.

I only hired her to help out in handling the small matters to relief some burdens on Sam. Who had been always dealing with my mood, my tempers. Plus the over loads of works in the office handling evey small things to big.

"Ye-ss S-ir.. they will be here.. in thirty minutes" her hands tremble as she replied my ask questions. How much does she fear me?

No even once had she face me? But I prefer her work over the previous assistant. Who desire more than her work.

"Everyone thank you for your hard work. You can have twenty minutes break and I want everyone in the conference room before the meeting start ten minutes earlier." They should have a small break to relax. I could perfectly see them holding their breathe afraid to make even a single noise.