37. Our sides

°°° hello..!!    Updates here..

Enjoy..!!  °°°

Aurora POV~~~

"Hey I thought you'll hit bed early" Alan say sitting in the couch reading a file. Is he working?

"I couldn't sleep.. am I disturbing you?" I ask fidgeting with my fingers. I want someone to hug me. I want to feel someone warmness. And that's his.

"No. Uhh I was.. I couldn't sleep so I thought of doing some work" he say with a small smile staring back at me.

"Can I join you?" I ask softly standing awkwardly. Why is he not saying anything? Does he not like my presence?

"Yes.. please " he mutters looking surprise I ask him. While all the while I avoided being alone with him the past days.

I sat beside him on the couch. It was a comfortable silence between us.

"Today while Nicholas was driving us back he told me something about the past. You" he stare at me with a raised eyebrow encouraging me to continued. Showing his interest.

"He told me you search for me. And I don't understand why. I mean after everything that happened I thought.. you hated me and I.." he turn me around his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't hate you neither did I hated you. I was angry at that time.. I was blinded by success and anger. I work so hard for us. To be worthy of you. To give you the life you had lived ever since you were born.. the Paddleston was a huge challenge to me. The top list billionaire around the globe while me.. the Black was just a millionaire in a country. Nothing compare with the Paddleston status. You were in a level I couldn't dare dream to be. But when I saw the spark in your eyes it encourages me.. yes this young girl is the one for me. I ignored about the age differences. Our status. The people. Cause I know I will achieve to be besides you on my own hard work.. success. But I never thought that alone would destroyed us.." I never knew he was thinking about that. He felt inferior compared to our family.

"I was set on to achieve my goal. The project was the stepping stone to my achievements. I was blinded by my goal, to be successful forgetting my responsibilities. That I'm a married man. I have a wife waiting for me. I became so oblivious about the reality chasing after success. And.. after months and days of sleepless nights I accomplished it. But.. in just a blink my project was stolen. When the investigation report leads to you.. as the culprit I was blinded with rage.." he sigh. Looking devastated and droop.

"Everything I was doing was for you. I wanted to give you the luxurious life you were acquainted to. To make you feel proud to be able to stand by your parents side when you meet them again. It was also because of myself.. I wanted to be called worthy to be the husband of the Paddleston daughter.." everything was because of me. I was the sole purpose and reason for our pains.

"That night was a painful nightmare.. which remain vividly imprint in my mind. Your hurt expression, your surprise shock face. Tears continuously streaming down your face, I could perfectly see your heart breaking right through your eyes but.. I ignored it. I just wanted.. " he gulp clamping his hand together. I was already blinking hard to control my tears.

"Alan.. you can stop.." I whisper my voice wavering. He cupped my cheeks making me look into his sad gray eyes.

"My only thought was to bring you even the slightest bit of pains. I wanted to see you with regrets, penitence, guilts.. I use all the words I could possible use to just hurt you.. I was a fool then. Instead of comforting you.. begging for forgiveness I left you alone. For days.. I went back to my work. Working like a madman. And I finally got the result i wanted despite the first project was leak.. I succeeded. I hit big.. but then realization start to creep in. I left my wife alone after saying some hurtful words I didn't mean a single thing.." a tear slip out. He doesn't mean any words he said that day?