16 - Everything

He could feel the flicker of electricity where his lips brushed against hers. She trembled as she pulled closer to him, her breathing unsteady, his arm snaking around her waist, the soft cotton of her t-shirt gathering in his hands as he lifted her onto his lap. As they melted into the kiss he felt the tension leaving her body. He felt her pulling closer to him as her lips parted and her breathing hitched. He felt her finally letting go of her fear. He felt her smile as he pulled away, still holding on to her as he looked into her eyes, his hand moving to her cheek, his thumb brushing across the bruise on the top of her lip. His brows knit together as he smiled, searching for the right thing to say to her now.

"Cat got your tongue?" Talia teased, a small smile playing on her lips as she stared back at him.

When he laughed it was a breathy chuckle and his eyes closed as he rested his forehead against hers. Talia sighed contentedly as she closed her eyes too. Relief and elation seemed to mix and mingle in her veins as she sat wrapped around him, held tight in his embrace.

"You need to rest..." he sighed after a moment, opening his eyes and moving his face away from hers.

Talia shifted slightly so that she could rest her head on his shoulder.

"Nope." She murmured against his neck. "I won't sleep now."

Steve stood quickly, his arms gripping her tighter as she squealed and wrapped her legs around him, turning so that she was hovering over the bed. He lowered her down, planting a gentle kiss on her lips as he peeled her arms from his neck and grinned.

"Get into the damn bed Talia. We don't have to sleep but you do have to rest."

As he pulled away she pouted, scrunching up her face before groaning loudly.

"Does it hurt?" Steve crooned, gently tracing over the cuts on her face as she closed her eyes and leaned into the touch of his fingertips.

"A little." Talia admitted, placing her hand over his. "Kiss it better?" She grinned and he rolled his eyes.

"I could do that," he whispered, leaning in so that his face was less than an inch away from hers. She felt his breath on her lips and ached to close the distance. When he didn't move closer her eyes fluttered open. He was grinning down at her, teasing her. "But I need a shower." Talia threw her head back in frustration as she laughed, watching him grab his sweats from in the closet before disappearing into the bathroom.

"That was mean!"

She heard him laughing as he turned on the water and she brought her hand to her lips, softly tracing where she could still feel his kiss as she lay waiting for him to come back.

Stepping into the cloud of steam Steve couldn't help but smile. He could still feel the faint traces of her lips on his and he showered quickly. Impatient to get back to her.

*

"You know, I like this." Steve laughed pulling at her t-shirt as she lay opposite him, her head against the pillow, her face just a few inches from his own. She laughed as she looked down at the Metallica shirt she'd stolen from Clint on arrival and Steve smiled softly. Making her laugh was elating. "You look very... relaxed."

Shuffling closer to him, feeling his hand resting against her waist as she kissed him gently, Talia smiled. 

"Well, I'm not sure if you've noticed this but I'm always relaxed." A face splitting grin accompanied her sarcastic quip and Steve twisted suddenly so that his face hovered above hers as she lay back against the pillows.

"I mean it Talia. I like seeing you like this; calm, open. I like seeing you for you... if that makes sense?" He smiled tenderly at her, noticing the blush that stained her cheeks. "I want to show you something." His eyes sparkled as he leant down and placed a chaste kiss against her lips. "Stay here." He kissed her again. "Exactly like this." His lips brushed against hers one last time before he jumped up and darted into the closet. Talia propped herself up on her elbows as she laughed, biting her lip as he left her laying there, and waited. Within a few seconds he was back in the room, twisting and twirling a small leather notebook in his hands.