20 - Mine

"So." Steve glanced over his shoulder at the crowds of people surrounding pool tables and leaning over the battered old juke box that only played five songs. "This place is-"

"Awful?" Talia smirked as she finished her beer and eyed him playfully.

His smile was shy and sweet and Talia leant into him, nudging him with her shoulder.

"Yeah." His eyes skimmed over her as she pulled away and leant over the bar, flagging down the bartender. "Sorry about that."

She glanced back to him, grinning as she registered the way his eyes lingered on her ass, and laughed. When his eyes moved to hers he shrugged, making no attempt to hide his ogling.

"Don't be." She almost had to shout to be heard over the raucous laughter of those around them. "It will make a great story one day!"

Steve chuffed as the bartender placed two new bottles before them and Talia slipped her a twenty. She motioned for the girl to keep the change and smiled sweetly as the girl grinned and put the cash in the tip jar covered in music notes and stickers of guitars.

"Oh yeah," Steve mused, "I can picture it now: Hey kids. Over a year after I first told your Mom I loved her I finally took her on a date and managed to pick the worst bar in New York City."

Talia bit back her smile as she toyed with the new drink in front of her. She picked at the label before tapping the lip of the bottle against her chin. Steve watched her intently, seeing how the peach of her blush spread over her cheeks as she chewed on her lip before looking over at him.

"Kids, huh?" She held her breath.

Steve smiled softly and Talia felt her heart sputter as he pulled his stool closer to her and put his hands against her cheeks. He kissed her gently as her eyes fluttered closed and when he pulled away from her lips she was pouting slightly.

"Breathe for me Talia."

His whisper was soft against her skin and she did as she was told.

"But yes, in answer to that eloquent question, I'd like to have kids. I'd like to have kids with you. One day." He kissed her again. "If you want, that is."

In the back of her mind she heard the squeal of children's laughter and saw the features she'd loved for a year, perfectly placed in tiny faces. She saw the beauty of blue eyes, wide in their faces as Steve held onto tiny humans who stared up at him. She could see it all.

"Mini Ice-pops?" She twisted away from him and took another sip of her beer. She glanced over to where he sat with his brow furrowed and questions hidden in his eyes. "Yeah. I'd want that."

Steve jumped from his chair as he grinned at her and pulled her from her seat. As his arms wrapped around her he span her around, laughing wildly as she giggled and buried her face against his neck. He placed her down on her feet and kissed her passionately, holding her close when he broke away.

"Really?" He beamed at her. "You'd have a family with me?"

Talia nodded as he brushed his hands over her waist, gripping her hips as he stared at her with wide, adoring eyes. He pulled her to him so that every inch of her was pressed up against him and he leant in slowly, his lips brushing against hers with magically light touches.

"I love you so much Talia Romanoff."

She shivered as he poured his love into her and her arms wrapped around his neck. They stayed wrapped in each other and the perfect notion of the future for a moment, ignoring the jeers and whispers of the patrons around them, before pulling back breathless and intoxicated by each other.