19 - Celebrate

Talia stood with her gun aimed at the chest of the operative who had run from the team, panting slightly as she pressed down her earpiece. Using her strength again had been exhilarating and she laughed as she spoke.

"And to think you'd have left me at home like a pretty little housewife Ice-Pop."

As the crackle of the communications line sounded in her ear, the signal disjointed and broken, the man sitting before her watched her. His smile crept across his lips with sly spirit and deep darkness and he twisted his neck to watch her as she circled him.

"Oh sweetheart," he sneered. "You were better off at home."

The man swung back from where he sat, tearing the rope she had tied around his wrists easily before lunging for her. His movement was unexpected and threw her off of her balance, sending her crashing into the bricks behind her. A swift punch left her gasping for breath as he twisted her wrist and forced her to drop her weapon. The clatter of her gun crashing to the floor rattled in her mind, shaking awake her instinct to survive and she kicked, hard. He flew backwards, his grip leaving trails of pink against her arms where his nails clawed at him. He scrambled back to his feet, whipping a knife from behind his back; the one weapon Talia had missed. He swung towards her as she charged forwards, ducking as he made contact with her shoulder and tore through the jacket she had taken from Nat's room and deep into her skin.

She cried out as she span on her heel, kicking her foot out and connecting with his chest. She held back, just as she'd promised Tony she would, but as pain spilled through her and blood trickled down her arm she wanted to push harder. She bit down on her lip as she fought, soon gaining the upper hand as she ignored the screaming throb of pain.

"Guys. A little help here please!" She shouted as she pinned the man down against the gravel. He grunted beneath her, throwing his weight to the side and pulling his last defence from his side. He stabbed the small machine into her abdomen, breaking the barrier of her t-shirt as electricity ran through the device and into her.

She dropped from her place over him, spasming uncontrollably as her eyes rolled back in her head and her heart beat echoed within her mind. The world grew fuzzy and dark and she felt the blow of the ground against her head, gravel scratching at her back.

In the depth of the darkness, in the fire of the burning electricity, she found moments of comfort. She found care and kindness. She found bubbles of bliss that burst behind her eyes, overwhelming her senses and dulling the electricity that pulsated through her.

"Tal?" He was panicking. "Talia? What's happening? Speak to me Runaway!"

She could hear his voice, calling to her, as the memories drew her further from him.

She could feel arms lifting her from the ground. She could hear grunts of further fights. She could feel the roll of her body as she was moved from where she fell and she knew she needed to open her eyes. She needed to know if she was safe. And yet, as more bursts of memories flooded her mind she wanted to stay; she wanted to be happy for a moment longer.

*

Icy water washed over her as her as her head rest on his arm and he drew patterns against her knuckles. Fire burned in her throat as she leant against him, gasping for breath as Bucky rubbed his jaw and stared at the two of them. She held her breath as he leant in and tucked her hair behind her ear. She felt the buzz of electric desire as she walked beside him, close enough to reach out and yet too far removed to hold.

Her heart hammered in her chest as she watched him hit a punch bag. His voice was soft and low when his fingers gripped her waist and they whispered promises to one another. She felt his arms around her waist as she laughed and he pulled her closer, pressing his lips into her neck. Her heart was fluttering when he pulled her closer in the bed, gripping her t-shirt and brushing his lips against hers.